At Cytel, we work hard to create successful careers with significant professional growth for our employees, as a result of which they work hard to make Cytel successful. Cytel is a place where talent, experience and integrity come together to advance the state of clinical development.
We are currently looking for a Research Associate (Data Analyst) to join our team of clinical experts, trialists, and statisticians. The Research Associate will report to the Director, Real World Analytics and work closely with all members of the team. We are looking for someone who is solution-oriented and quantitative-minded with strong technical writing capabilities. We are looking for someone who can code in R (multiple languages ideally) and can work with our statisticians to support data management and programming for complete research projects. The ideal candidate will possess strong programming, leadership and communication skills and can think outside the box.
The Research Associate (Data Analyst) will prepare analysis datasets from raw / precursor datasets for use in statistical analyses of clinical trial and observational clinical data. Data analysts will be involved in all parts of the data analysis pipeline: an exploration of new data files, data cleaning, data wrangling, quality control, and production of descriptive summaries. Data analysts will also implement statistical analyses under the guidance of senior statistics/analytics staff. Data analysts will conduct independent quality control checks which may include code review for other analysts and replication of other analysis datasets. Candidates must have demonstrated experience with data wrangling and demonstrated R programming experience.
This position is ideally based in Toronto or Vancouver and is only open to candidates who are legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Prepare analysis datasets from raw / precursor datasets for use in statistical analyses of clinical trial and observational clinical data.
- Independently lead and manage projects related to but not limited to analysis of clinical trials, synthetic control analyses, and etc.
- Participate in code development, cleaning and quality control exercises.
- Lead writing and submissions of manuscripts sections to be published in peer-reviewed journals; prepare technical reports for stakeholders as well as abstracts, posters, and other materials to be presented at research conferences and workshops
- Assist in the development of grant applications and proposals.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a positive team-focused company culture
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field or bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience (e.g. epidemiology, economics, data science, statistics)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the R programming language (e.g. research or industry experience, thesis or capstone project)
- Demonstrated experience with data exploration / management / preparation / wrangling
- Attention to detail/experience with reproducible research practices
- Some knowledge of applied statistics
- SAS experience is a plus
- Experience working with health/biomedical data
- Knowledge of ADaM, SDTM or OMOP standards is a plus
- Experience with version control a plus
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.