Overview:LMI is a government consulting firm dedicated to advancing the management of government. We operate free of political and commercial bias, and we gauge our success by the mission outcomes we enable our government clients to achieve. Our clients value our objectivity, deep government IQ, and expertise in logistics, analytics, information technology, and management consulting. We seek talented, hardworking people who share our passion for public service and want to join us in solving the most pressing challenges in government managementResponsibilities:The successful applicant will become part of an analytical team that supports public health systems management projects. The primary focus will be the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). He/She will use strong data analysis skills (e.g., SAS/SQL/Excel) to produce reports and insights that inform CMS regarding the Medicare Advantage marketplace.
Ultimately, success in this role comes from a combination of a passion for healthcare policy, exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, top-notch data analysis and presentation skills, commitment to cross-functional teamwork, an outstanding client service ethic and a desire to consistently improve in an organization that is dedicated to excellence. Each day may require the candidate to:
- Understand complex and organization-specific datasets;
- Perform analyses to answer routine and ad hoc questions about health systems, population health and regulatory compliance and be able to explain the significance of those analyses to non-technical stakeholders;
- Learn and apply relevant federal policy and regulations to data analysis;
- Develop and improve standard operating procedures; and
- Communicate with systems development experts to design tools and applications to automate the fulfillment of repeat requests;
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree with 0-3 years of experience
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT) skills required. Applicant may be required to perform demonstration of Excel or analytical skills.
- 0-1 years’ experience in federal consulting.
- 0-3 years’ experience in data analysis and reporting in client-facing role.
- 0-3 years’ experience writing automated processes in SAS and/or SQL, Python, STATA, R or similar language.
- Superior communication and writing skills on technical subjects. Ability to provide narrative context of data analysis to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of new technical and policy knowledge without a lot of guidance.
- Strong interest in health policy.
- Experience producing high quality analytical deliverables with both short-term (i.e., 1 hour) and longer-term (i.e., 1+ months) lead times.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering outstanding products and service that meet or exceed our client’s expectations.
- Masters degree with 1+ year of experience
- Experience with audits, compliance, or monitoring.
- Experience communicating business requirements to system development experts.
- Moderate SAS and/or SQL skills is a plus.