Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
AI/ML Data Scientist
Reports to: AI/ML Technology CoE Head
Direct reports: NA
Key interfaces: Offering owners and SMEs across industry verticals, Solution architects, delivery head, digital sales team, account sales team, account delivery team
Role summary: Join the founding team and scale Cyient’s technical CoE for AI/ML with responsibilities across architecting solutions for deal pursuit and client engagements, PoC development, delivery of client engagements, focused IP/ accelerator development
A Data Scientist applies strong expertise in artificial intelligence through use of machine learning, data mining, and information retrieval to design, prototype and build next generation advanced analytics engines and services. The data scientist collaborates with business partners to define the technical problem statement and hypothesis to test; develops efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions and incorporates them into analytical data products or tools with the support of a cross-functional team.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with business partners to develop novel ways to meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners
- Advocate and educate on the value of data driven decision making focusing on the “how and why” of solving problems
- Lead analytic approaches, integrating work into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts and developers
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic and scalable models that are seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products
- Engineer features by using their business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- Share their passion for Data Science with broader enterprise community; identify and develop long-term processes, frameworks, tools, methods and standards
- Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of experienced Data Scientists
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
- Bachelor’s degree required, MS or PhD preferred
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years experience required OR Graduate degree in quantitative discipline and demonstrated Data Science skill set, plus 2+ years work experience
- Must have Python proficiency working with DataFrames
- Must have proficiency writing complex SQL queries
- Must have proficiency with Machine Learning to solve clustering, classification, regression, anomaly detection, simulation and optimization problems on large scale data sets
- Must have proven ability to merge and transform disparate internal & external data sets together to create new features
- Experience with Big Data technologies desired — Spark, Cloud AI platforms, containerization
- Experience with supporting deployment, monitoring, maintenance and enhancement of
- Experience with data visualization tools preferred — Tableau, Plotly, etc.
Digital Experience/Individual Skills
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to understand business partner needs and deliver solutions
- Bias for action, with ability to deliver outstanding results through task prioritization and time management
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently learn and solve new business domains and problems
- Number sense; healthy skepticism around validity of data and its inherent biases
- Intellectual curiosity to understand and answer questions
- Intellectual humility to leverage the expertise of others
- Exemplary organizational skills with attention to detail & accuracy
- Ability to coach, mentor, and collaborate with business partners, analysts, and team members
Skills & Experience
Applied Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, Predictive Analytics
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.