Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About This Opportunity
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join a team responsible for integrating expert knowledge, statistical and machine learning models in the treatment plans. You will work in close collaboration with colleagues from a larger Treatment Planning group and with clinical experts, focusing on machine learning solutions for orthodontic problems. As a Data Engineer, you will design and implement solutions for integrating components and models with production treatment planning workflows.In this role, you will…
In this role, you’ll need …
- Work in an agile team of developers, analysts and SDETs, and collaborate with other development teams.
- Interact closely with clinical experts, project managers, and product owners to understand problems, analyze specifications, formalize functional requirements, and prepare and deliver technical presentations and demos.
- Research, prototype and implement solutions for extraction of specific data from existing CAD/CAM system and integration of model outcomes back into the pipelines.
- Participate in architectural design and project planning, design and sizing, and code and design reviews.
- Investigate and implement bug fixes and identify opportunities for reliability and performance improvements.
- Write technical documentation for newly implemented functionality.
- Follow architectural, quality, and regulatory guidelines for medical device software development, demonstrate technical leadership, assist and mentor other developers, and uphold high standards of trust, responsibility, and professionalism.
- Identify/mitigate risks and participate in production monitoring and support as needed.
Nice to haves...
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or Equivalent experience in commercial software development.
- 5+ years of professional experience in similar positions, developing enterprise / commercial software, preferably in agile SDLC.
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL in cloud environments.
- Basic familiarity with C++ or C#.
- Working knowledge and experience with MS Visual studio, git, and a unit testing framework.
- Understanding of linear algebra, analytic geometry and computational math
- Highly motivated, creative, self-starter, with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and a “can do” attitude
Sound like a good fit?
- Experience working in highly regulated industries (such as Banking, Financial, Healthcare, Medical Devices, Aerospace, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of C++ or C#.
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies.
- Understanding and experience in machine learning or data analysis.
- Mathematical, CAD/CAM or 3D graphics background.
- Working knowledge of Git and Atlassian stack (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.
Great! Click the Apply link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network. About Align
Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives
. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies
for additional information. Global Diversity Statement
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.