About the Role
We are looking for a Demand Forecast Data Scientist to join our Demand Planning Centre of Excellence team.
This role will concentrate on continuous recalibration and maintenance of statistical algorithms and parameters, proposing continuous improvement actions and monitoring performance of statistical parameters. Focus will be to support Forecast Analysts to optimize the periodical model fine tuning.
The position will be based in the Barcelona office and reports to the Demand Planning Excellence Director
We're looking for people who embody our values, aren't afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We're always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we'd love to talk.
What You Will Do
- Understanding existing sophisticated forecasting models both classical Machine Learning as well as Statistical Time Series Forecasting methods
- Using statistical and machine learning methods; working with forecast analysts to produce the required data when it is not available
- Drive continuous improvement in forecasting process and methodology by considering promotional tactics and activities, historical sales trends, new product introductions, flow of materials, and manufacturing capacity
- Improving existing Demand Forecasting statistical and machine learning methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine-tuning model parameters for new forecasting models
- Supporting decision making by providing requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, pipelines and metrics then using them to analyze trends and find root causes of forecast inaccuracy
- Formalizing assumptions about how demand forecasts are expected to behave, creating definitions of outliers, developing methods to systematically identify these outliers, and explaining why they are reasonable or identifying fixes for them
- Identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems in Demand Forecasting, through collaboration with forecast analysts, and business teams.
- Synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication
Who You Are
- University degree (preference for Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or another quantitative field)
- 2+ years of experience in the industry manipulating real data sets, building statistical models, data processing & database programming
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: Python, R, mySQL, Julia, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: Machine learning, Deep learning, Data Visualization, Optimization, etc.
- Experience of visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using Power BI
- Understands dependencies and integration with other areas of the business
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good team player with flexibility to learn and work outside of area of comfort
- Fluent in English, spoken and written, additional major European language is an advantage
- Ability to travel 5-10 days/year
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward.
Essity is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date:
25 may. 2022