US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION: Yes
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE: Relocation assistance may be available
CLEARANCE TYPE: None
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the Time
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for your customers? Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems relies on our team to provide the insights needed to drive performance across a broad range of strategic activities. We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist to design and develop automated, end-to-end, ETL pipelines and Data Analytics/Visualization solutions from disparate data sources.
You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics systems that change the way we see and use data. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, hardworking, and have demonstrated the ability to find innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Support, design, develop, and maintain a scalable ETL pipeline
- Data preparation/cleaning, integration, and automation from heterogeneous sources
- Design, develop, and maintain data visualizations of a scalable analytics system
- Ensure data integrity and system availability
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend core technologies and strategies
- Monitor and optimize system performance
- Decomposition of user requirements into logical functions/components
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field with 2+ years of experience
- 2+ years of experience working with ETL techniques and frameworks
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with data preparation/cleansing
- Experience with a scripting language, preferably Python & SSIS
- Experience with data visualizations tools, preferably Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Familiarity of version control software such as Git and TortoiseSVN
- Master’s degree in a STEM field with 3+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience working with ETL and web development techniques and frameworks
- Proficiency in Python, C#, SQL, SSIS, and data visualization tools
- Experience developing web applications supported across multiple browsers (e.g. IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox)
- Experience in responsive UI/UX design
- Experience with profiling/debugging
- Experience with web analytics and load testing software (e.g. Matomo)
- Experience with load testing software (e.g. Locust)
- Experience with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence)
Salary Range: $77,600.00 - $122,500.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay . Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.