After a system (EUV or DUV machine) is shipped to a customer abroad, the real ‘magic’ begins. Thousands of our engineers worldwide are dedicated to a simple goal: making sure that the lithography systems at our customers’ sites are running smoothly, 24/7. That makes Customer Support (CS) vital to our success. Unlike many customer service departments at other companies, having a technical background is a necessity at ASML Customer Support, because our technology is often so advanced that our employees may be the only ones who understand it and know how to use it.
The ASML Customer Support (CS) department is the crucial link between Development & Engineering (D&E) and customer needs. This department is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at our customers’ sites. To provide this excellent support to the customers, all CS engineers need to be trained on the latest technologies and software.
The main objective of the Data Analyst is to transform the data into information and insights in order to secure the efficiency, performance and the right quality of the trainings provided to our engineers in the Field.
As an ASML GTC (Global Training Center) Data Analyst you will represent our department (from our Veldhoven office) to key stakeholders of all levels: Managers, Project Leaders, Architects, Instructors, Trainees (engineers) and External Vendors. At first, your role will have a manual approach as you will focus on generating operational reports. Eventually, you will start the improvement procedure which will result in automation of the process.
You will be responsible for:
- Tracking key performance indicators
- Mining and analyzing large data sets, drawing valid inferences and presenting them successfully to the management
- Creating data dashboards, graphs and visualizations
- Monitoring and auditing data quality
- Identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
Bachelor/Master degree in information technology, data management or in relevant related discipline.
- Around 3 to 5 years of experience with data analysis tools and techniques, preferably in large organisations
- Excellent data analysis and problem-solving skills (incl. data crunching / process analysis)
- Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Experience with project improvement and process automation
- Experience with Access, VBA and/or Spotfire is a plus
- Take the lead during escalations, identifies gaps, and acts to correct the gaps
- Self-sufficient in daily work, ability to prioritize activities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Likes working within cross-cultural teams
Context of the position
The Global Training Center (GTC) develops and delivers (technical) training to more than 3000 (not sure on number) engineers world-wide. These engineers are not only our Customer Support engineers but also engineers from other departments within ASML. The GTC department has training centers in The Netherlands, San Diego, China ,Taiwan and Korea where more than 80 highly qualified employees (Masters and PhD) do their challenging and important work. Training for new products is first developed and tested in Veldhoven before being transferred to the Taiwan and Korea training centers.
We drive for a mindset where continuous learning and sharing of knowledge is second nature with increased confidence and self-sufficiency as a result.
When you feel you are a match with this position, please submit a up to date CV (English) and a motivation letter (English) to support your match in experience, personality and ASML as company for this position.