What makes us, us
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
There are four key attributes that set us apart:
- Good people: We strive to set ourselves apart through the capability, warmth and expertise of our people.
- Wellbeing experts: Our breadth of capability enables us to provide smart solutions and services across all domains of wellbeing.
- Long-term commitment: As a member-owned company, we’ve been focusing on long-term outcomes and single-minded dedication to our members and customers since 1840.
- Driving positive impact: Everything we do is focused on making a positive difference at a personal, community and societal level.
These pillars are infused with our values of bold, warm and honest
To analyse, design, develop and maintain scalable, secure and operationally stable data pipelines and solutions that support our data practitioners to deliver innovation and business value.
To continuously improve the Data Platform environment based on advancements in best practices and in response to business requirements.
FTC 8 months
What you will do
- Maintain and update data pipelines and curate additional data sets for the business.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ETL of data from a wide variety of sources leveraging AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Liaise with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Provide support to the data platform including incident response, monitoring and alerting and lifecycle management
- Assist in sourcing and creating data tools for analytics team members to enable them in building and optimizing our product offerings into an innovative industry leader
- In depth knowledge of documentation, coding, testing and deployment using multiple development languages and platforms.
- Strong Software quality assurance and problem diagnosis and resolution.
- 8+ years commercial software development or data analytics experience, with tertiary qualifications in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 8+ years’ experience with one or more Relational and NoSql database platforms.
- 4+ years’ experience developing data solutions in AWS
- 4+ years’ experience with delivering and maintaining Big Data implementations
- 2+ years’ experience in Python, Spark.
- Performance analysis and optimization of data ETL processes
You will enjoy a range of great employee benefits and rewards including:
- A range of attractive product and service discounts from Australian Unity’s Retail and Wealth Management portfolio – including health insurance and banking products
- Flexible Working Arrangements including Work-From-Home days with a real work-life balance
- Available access to LinkedIn Learning courses through our great Learning platform
- Additional paid Wellbeing and Volunteer leave days yearly
Where to from here?
Please contact Henry Reyes, Talent Acquisition Specialist, for a confidential discussion or more details – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all Australian Unity employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19. Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.