Power BI Data Engineer I
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.The opportunity
The selected candidate:
Your key responsibilities
- Supports project teams and operations in extraction, transformation and load of data into Power BI reporting solutions, using sound technical capabilities
- Designs, develops and produces outstanding user-focused reports, leveraging best user experience practices to ensure top quality and ease of use
- Builds networks with project teams across EY to help define and deliver business value
Skills and attributes for success
- Reviewing and understanding complex data sets to establish data quality and highlighting where data cleansing is required to remediate the data
- Translating business requirements into data models to manage data within the organization, using sound technical expertise
- Designing and implementing end-to-end reporting solutions, from data integration to ready to use product that provides business with valuable insights
- Migrating data from one system to another using multiple sources, identifying and implementing storage requirements Resolving escalated design and implementation issues with limited complexity
- Monitoring and reporting on the uses of emerging technologies, and seeking areas for continuous improvement
- Ensuring all activities adhere to the relevant data visualization and data modelling processes, procedures and standards
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Data Visualization - Ability to design and implement informative reporting that translates data into business value, strong analytical skills Data Integration (Sourcing, Storage and Migration)
- Capability to design and implement models and solutions to manage data within the enterprise (structured and unstructured, data archiving principles, data warehousing, data sourcing, etc.). This includes data models, storage requirements and migration of data from one system to another Data Quality, Profiling and Cleansing
- Capability to review (profile) a data set to establish its quality against a defined set of parameters and to highlight data where corrective action (cleansing) is required to remediate the data
- Preferred candidate will have good understanding of the following tools and technologies, and will be able to prove how to apply them to solve business problems.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Data Visualization – Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services Data Access Tools
- MS SQL Server Management Studio ETL / ELT / Data Fabric Tools
- Power BI Dataflows, Power Query M Programming Languages
- SQL, T-SQL, DAX Source Control / Release Pipelines – Azure DevOps
- Big Data Distributed Systems – Azure Synapse Analytics Data Visualization
- SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI Report Server, Power BI Report Builder Data Warehousing Platforms
- Azure SQL Warehouse / Azure Synapse Document Database
- SharePoint, MongoDB ETL / ELT / Data Fabric Tools
- Alteryx, Azure Data Factory, SQL Server Integration Services, Power BI Composite Models Low Code Apps
- Power Automate, Power Apps Programming Languages
- Node.js, React.js, Java, Python (big plus), R (big plus) Workspace Management
- Power BI App, Permissions, Pro vs Premium
What we look for
- B.S. in Actuarial, Behavior Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, IT, Cyber Security, or related field preferred.
What we offer
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Customer focused Excellent time management skills
- Positive and constructive minded
- akes responsibility for continuous self-learning
- akes the lead and makes decisions in critical times and tough circumstances
- Attention to detail High levels of integrity and honesty
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.