: Magna International Graz
GRAZ, SANKT VALENTIN
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
- The Data Scientist will be a key member of the R&D team and will solve data-related challenges in manufacturing operations.
- Maintain liaison with individuals and groups within and outside Magna, while maintaining responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the designated subject area.
- Derive and show optimization potentials for given applications based on data analysis with state of the art and cutting age mathematical methods (AI)
- Deploy machine learning methods to simplify / substitute repeating tasks
- Develop proof of concepts (POC) based on AI methods for closed loop control in production (e.g. Vision based decision making, reinforcement learning approaches for controls)
- Interpret results and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership.
- Support, plan, and execute ML and AI initiatives, manage, and facilitate initial small-scale implementation, and support broad deployment and adoption within the organization.
- Develop, maintain and document the source code for all developments
- Leverage internal and external expertise as required.
- Regularly interface with senior management to provide project updates.
- Travel up to 25% domestic and international may be required.
Indirect Supervisory Responsibilities
- Plan, organizing, and supervise the work of external staff(s) of engineers, scientists and technicians pertaining to projects s/he is responsible for.
- Evaluate progress of the external staff and results obtained.
- Recommend changes to achieve overall objectives.
- Advise on the management of staffing needs, selection/ assessment criteria, and hiring process.
Knowledge and Education
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or a closely related education with 2+ years of experience in industry.
- PhD preferred.
- Deep knowledge of Python and data analysis relevant libraries
- SW development knowledge with detailed understanding of SW deployment processes is a plus
- Knowledge of network technologies and protocols (e.g. mqtt)
- Deep experience with a wide variety of ML and AI techniques and algorithms.
- Excellent mathematical knowledge in the field of statistic and robustness
- Advance knowledge of Python, SQL and other related tools and toolchains to be able to oversee, direct and manage projects in the field.
- Experience with virtualization and deployment tools (e.g. docker)
Skills and Competencies
- Very good knowledge of English language is required, knowledge of German language is advantageous
- Open mindset and eager to learn
- Challenge the status-quo mentality
- Team player and analytically thinking personality with high communication skills
- Willingness to ask questions and build networks/relationships with other departments/groups.
For dedicated and motivated employees, we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic global team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work environment. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
We wish to fill this position as soon as possible and offer a min. gross salary of EUR 47.000,- p. a. for this position depending on qualification and experience. If you are interested in this position, please apply with information regarding your availability and salary expectations.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.