Want to own and evolve a data engineering product with worldwide scope that supports critical tools in Amazon Fashion and work hard, have fun, make history with an enthusiastic and innovative team? If yes, the Fashion Data And Analytics Team is for you. We aim to be the go to and trusted source for actionable and business critical insights for Amazon Fashion and support the organization's wider goal of revolutionizing the future of online Fashion retail and becoming each customer’s most loved fashion destination.
We are a team of passionate builders and are looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and strategic Data Engineer. In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments and own the end-to-end development of data engineering solutions (Redshift, EMR, Spark) to support complex questions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with disparate datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer business questions at speed. The ideal candidate should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. This individual should also be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights.
Key job responsibilities
- Maintain and evolving our core data engineering product that supports tools with a worldwide scope and a large userbase
- Own the data infrastructure that supports the team's analytical and business needs and build operational excellence mechanisms to maintain data quality and timeliness
- Build solutions that simplify self-service support for business stakeholders
- Interface with other internal teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
- Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Collaborate with Analysts, Business Intelligence Engineers, Product Managers and Software Teams to identify new features and projects.
A day in the life
We see this as a highly collaborative role coordinating with multiple teams across geographies to define data needs, building and delivering large scale solutions. You will:
Work with the rest of the data and analytics team in building new datasets that support business goals while also evolving existing datasets to manage changing business needs
Create goals and KPIs to efficiently manage our data infrastructure as well as track performance against goals
Work with stakeholders to scope out new opportunities to leverage our product and data engineering technologies
Work with other data engineering teams to share and learn best practices.
About the team
We want to be the best BI team to work on at Amazon, attracting top talent. We have built robust mechanisms and a unique culture focused on sharing knowledge, continuous upskilling and having fun while delighting our customers.
- Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modelling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases ·
- Familiarity with statistical models and/or data mining algorithms and practical experience of applying these to business problems
Advanced knowledge and expertise with Data modelling skills, Advanced SQL with Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases ·
Advanced knowledge of Java, Python, Tableau and R. ·
Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884
(tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).