Sunwest Bank is looking for an experienced data analyst who has a passion for answering challenging business questions involving quantitative data driven methods. We are looking for a creative and strategic thinker with a keen aptitude for data discovery, data visualization and data mining. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of delivering solutions and insights that help transform business performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver data-driven customer insights related to increasing sales, profits, and loyalty and translate the insights and opportunities into customer strategies deployed through our CRM (Salesforce/Pardot/Google Analytics) or other sources.
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data.
- Audit, uncover and resolve data discrepancies and system issues as well as implement new systems, tools, processes, and data to support more complex analysis and reporting.
- Collaborate with other departments on both strategic initiatives and ongoing data infrastructure enhancement projects.
- Analyze data to draw insights, drive critical decision making, and identify missing, incomplete, or invalid information.
- Further develop metrics, KPIs, analytics and dashboards to provide marketing measurement and drive marketing performance through deep business insights.
- Identify, recommend, and implement updates to business and technical processes to generate automation and efficiency improvements, segmentation enhancements, and triggered/multi-step campaign opportunities.
- Identify data needs to develop high-value, actionable reporting aimed at answering key business questions.
- Provide intuitive and insightful information to management to understand current performance and use to assist management in crafting future strategy and plans.
- Work on ad-hoc projects at the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
- Demonstrates high level of quality work
- Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
- Adheres to local, state and federal laws
- Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
- Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
- Additional duties as assigned as it relates to the position
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- Demonstrated record of 2+ years of professional achievement in customer data, analytics, and reporting function with emphasis on marketing, business intelligence, and data mining. Preference will be given to those with banking industry experience.
- Academic degree in a relevant quantitative field (e.g. statistics, mathematics, economics, or operations research) or relevant coursework/experience demonstrative of aptitude for inferential data analysis.
- Ability to make written and verbal recommendations in a way that demonstrates clarity and confidence.
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to non-technical business partners.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative skills - developing complex formulas and statements.
- Understanding of P&L and Financial KPIs.
- Data manipulation skills working with flat files (csv, txt, delimited and fixed width).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.).
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.