We're looking for a Principal Data Scientist to join our growing eCommerce team. When you join us, you’ll build machine learning systems, uncover game-changing insights and use state-of-the-art techniques to shape and execute our global eCommerce growth agenda. You will work with internal business stakeholders and strategic partners to identify opportunities for collaborative development and foster a data-driven culture between relevant teams.
- Work on state-of-the-art large-scale data analytics and machine learning projects
- Work with the larger eCommerce organization to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
- Establish standards for writing clean, organized machine learning code to streamline machine learning workflow within the DS team
- Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing a variety of data sets
- Work with business stakeholders to identify and execute opportunities for enhancement
- Create documentation and best practices to share with the ML community
Compensation & Benefits:
- The expected Compensation range for this position is between $100,000 - $182,500
- Location confirmed job-related skills and experience will be considered in setting actual starting salary
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- Master’s Degree in Data Science or equivalent
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Experience designing and developing machine learning solutions using a variety of data sources
- Strong programming skills, especially in Python, SQL
- Expertise in customizing Modern ML systems, including NLP, Deep RL, and Graph Neural Networks.
- Experience and functional familiarity with software development and data engineering best practices
- Expertise in designing custom deep learning systems using Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Expert in mathematical models underlying data science methods, understanding the trade-offs between different solutions
- Experience with distributed cloud computing platforms, particularly Kubernetes or the Hadoop/Spark ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences effectively and concisely
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement