Position: Director, Product Strategy - Analytics
Department: CEGBU Product Strategy
Reports To: VP, Data Strategy and Development
United States / Australia
This role is focused on leading the product strategy for new and existing analytics and ML solutions within Oracle’s Construction and Engineering Business Unit. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class team to help strategize, design, build and deliver cutting-edge analytics and ML cloud services that will revolutionize how AI and ML is adopted in the industry.
We are looking for a highly energetic, experienced, passionate, and motivated strategy leader interested in solving complex technical challenges who is ready to leap into a world full of possibilities where the only measure of success is based on product delivery, customer satisfaction and revenue generation. Most importantly, you will need to act with the speed and attitude of a start-up but with the scale and customer-focus of a global software company.
This role will be responsible for:
- Launching Construction Intelligence Cloud in global markets. This includes CIC advisor products, CIC analytics as well as in-app reporting across all CEGBU products.
- Leading a global team of product strategy and product management people to deliver best in call products and customer outcomes
- Designing & developing best in class product features that will challenge the status quo and use data in novel ways to solve problems in the construction industry.
- Engaging customers to evangelize CIC and deliver successful customer outcomes so they become referenceable to the products
- Enabling and supporting sales, sales consulting, marketing, professional services to ensure frontline teams can successfully sell and deliver CIC to drive revenue growth
- Collaborating and coordinating with other CEGBU product leaders to create a cohesive reporting and analytics strategy as well as GTM plan
To achieve these, the product leader is responsible for defining & communicating the strategic direction & roadmap, engaging with customers, preparing & executing commercial, go-to-market, and end-of-life plans for each product as necessary. They work with other Product Managers, the User Experience team and Development leads to help ensure success of each product and maximize overall return for stakeholders.
As an overview, this will include:
- Being a thought leader in the space.
- Working directly with customers to understand needs, answer queries and get feedback
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and tactical execution and the ability to manage and drive priorities across departments.
- Help build the product roadmap based on market and stakeholder feedback
- Working with the PM, UX and Development teams to deliver the agreed roadmap
- Gather and analyze metrics to ensure the product is successful
- End-of-life planning for products as required
Nothing is “off the table” for this role where the focus is about delivering cutting edge products to some of the biggest and best names in the construction and engineering industries.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of Data, Analytics, AI & Machine Learning & Reporting principals, cutting edge technologies, best practices and market trends.
- Experience building data and analytics products and taking them to market
- Ability to distil customer requests and market needs into an innovative product vision, roadmap and set of themes
- Ability to distil customer data and present insights as clear and useful business information
- Familiarity with Agile approaches, design, engineering and testing methodologies
- Ability to proactively engage in continuous process improvement
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly with different areas of the business and customers
- Clarity of verbal and written communication to unambiguously define goals and plans
- Experience in B2B / Enterprise markets.
- Ability to manage multiple parallel initiatives and stakeholders
- Ability to work with User Experience teams, and have an empathy for good design.
- Ability to work with incomplete information, and comfortable with uncertainty
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Practical knowledge of web-based technologies
- Previous experience with SaaS product development
- Industry experience in the construction, facilities and/or resources industries
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or similar. MBA Preferred
- Working with remote teams
QUALIFICATIONS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of practical experience engaging with customers solving data and analytics related problems
- Clients /Customers/Users
- Product Strategy / Management
- User Experience team
- Support Service
- Industry Peers
- Sales and Client Operations
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Leads a team of people who design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in an effort to integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Advises business groups by providing strategic direction to initiative prioritization, integration and resource application. Ensures that policies and procedures align with corporate vision. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring efficient operation of the function.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multitask. Ability to travel as needed. Demonstrated leaderships skills. BA/BS degree or equivalent. Advanced degree desirable.