Our mission: Provide analytics and advice to help leaders and organizations solve their most pressing problems.
Your contribution: Create infrastructure to generate analysis, insights and data products that change the world.
As a data engineer at Gallup, you will support a team that develops and implements prototypes and production-ready data products for internal and external clients. In this role, you’ll work with senior team members to clean, process and manage diverse data from a variety of sources. You’ll use your talents to design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems and integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures. You’ll communicate with technical and nontechnical audiences, partnering with client teams to develop data pipelines that support enterprise and government projects (e.g., local, national and global opinion surveys, social media scraping and analysis, and social network analysis). The result of your contributions? High-quality, easy-to-understand data products that deliver actionable insights for public- and private-sector clients around the world.
If you are ready to apply your data programming and engineering background to a mission-driven career, join Gallup — help us change the world through powerful data and analytics.
Who we want:
- Perfectionists who are obsessed with attention to the smallest details
- Accomplished go-getters who balance their need for flawless execution with the need to meet client deadlines
- Team players who work with others to design and implement robust solutions for challenging real-world problems
- Proficient coders who enjoy participating in hackathons and using a creative, efficient approach
- Critical thinkers who thrive when working with a variety of coding and programming languages across multiple systems
- Ingenious architects with an understanding of data engineering fundamentals that enables them to conceptualize manual processes, generate coding and create systems to reduce human dependency
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree from a computer science/engineering, computational social science or operations research program or related field required; master’s degree preferred
- Expert-level Python experience required
- At least two years of experience designing and building production-level data pipelines via employment, internships, work-study or other program required
- At least two years of experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) with a very strong understanding of SQL; an understanding of NoSQL data storage engines (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch) is a plus
- Experience creating APIs and interfacing with front-end systems is a plus
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis required
What we offer
- A strengths-based, engagement-focused and performance-oriented culture
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to work with the latest technology
- World-class managers who guide and empower associates based on their unique skills and strengths
- A robust benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance options, 401(k) retirement and savings plan, and an employee stock ownership program
- Mission-driven work that changes the lives of people around the world
Gallup is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that celebrates, supports and promotes diversity and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.