The mission of the data management unit is to define and implement an integrated policy on fisheries data management aiming at high data quality at low cost support fisheries management and control.
assisting in the organisation, management and follow up of test activities related to the introduction of UN/FLUX data exchanges with Member States and third parties as well as end user of IFDM applications, in particular FLUX FMC. This task encompasses assisting in
- the preparation of the testing exercise with Member States and related documentation,
- the planning and execution of the tests
- the follow-up of and reporting on status, progress and quality of service
- the coordination with the project teams internally and in Member States,
- the management and follow-up of user requests.
- Strong analytical skills and should have an affinity for information technology. A good knowledge in standard office software, including Microsoft Excel, and at least basic SQL (or very advance Excel) knowledge is a must. Knowledge and experience in the following fields are an asset: XML; SOAP UI, XMLSpy, Oracle SQL Developer (or other SQL tools), Quality support of information systems;Knowledge of fisheries and maritime affairs domains is an asset.
- The selected person should demonstrate the ability to deliver quality and results, and in particular bybeing able to learn quickly and to work independently
- acting upon problems,
- delivering high quality standards
- being solution-oriented, thinking critically.
- Good communication and writing skills in English (at least level B2), as well as the ability the capability of working in an international/multi-cultural environment,
Mission for 3 monthCompany
Possibility to work from home
The European Commission is one of the main institutions of the European Union, along with the Council of the European Union, the European Parliament and the European Council.