JOIN US AS A SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
About this Opportunity
Support all business areas of Target with critical data analysis that helps team members make profitable decisions. Become a forecast expert, business analyst and utilize tools like decision trees, clustering, regression, time series, structural equation modeling, linear programming, genetic algorithms, SQL,R, Python, Pyspark, Hive etc.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Data Scientist, you'll take the lead as you:
- Contribute during ceremonies keeping the team up-to-date on task progress as needed
- Continuous reinforcement of best practices, upskilling and adopting new and emerging technologies to raise the bar for performance in modeling and AI.
- Shape a customer focus culture by using opportunities to gain a deep understanding of specific domains (data, process, etc.) and analytical techniques (clustering, forecasting, optimization, etc.) that either exist currently OR could be used within the domain.
- Support team engagement with a continuous improvement mindset, including personal learning by seeking out new ways to solve problems through formal trainings, peer interactions and industry publications to continually improve technical and analytical acumen
- Tools (R, Python); predictive & prescriptive techniques (e.g. ML, AI)
- Deliver using best practices for analysis, algorithms development, and modeling and conduct/participate in solutioning and code reviews
- Be proficient in specific business domain, applying standards and modeling practices to the context, translating model outputs to business recommendations
- Be self-directed and drive execution towards outcomes, understand business interdependencies, remediate obstacles, use independent judgement and decision making to deliver as per product scope, provide inputs to establish product/ project timelines
- Define and measure success rate of how model/algorithms/recommendations are adapted into decision making, create feedback loop to enhance models
- Shape problem statement, approach, and the metrics and measurement strategy, including success criteria, to determine and improve the value of your work through advanced statistics and modeling
- Apply and educate stakeholders on the application of DSA best practices by advocating for the proper application of techniques in modeling, algorithms, machine learning, and advanced statistics and testing
- Support improved data driven decision making by stakeholders through advanced statistics and modeling to make prescriptive and predictive recommendations that can be easily understood and accepted by stakeholders and enable better business decisions
- Contributes or volunteer time towards learning forums, or be a mentor to help increase awareness and adoption of current technical topics relevant for Data Science competency e.g. Tools (R, Python); predictive & prescriptive techniques (e.g. ML, AI)
- Contributes to and participates in internal meetups, hackathons, conferences that are relevant to Data Science competency, as part of self-learning
- Participates in evaluating and designing relevant technical guides and tools to hire great Data Science talent by partnering with TA team
- Contribute to DSA initiatives to build a better organization (e.g. DAC)
- B.Tech (4+ years of relevant exp), M.Tech, M.Sc. (2+ years of relevant exp), Ph.D. in Engineering, Operation Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics preferred
- Candidates with strong domain knowledge and relevant experience in Merchandizing pyramid, with exposure in Space and Presentation analytics would be highly preferred
- Experienced in mathematical modeling and programming, statistical analysis, forecasting/predictive modeling, simulations, optimization, visualizations, machine learning, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous problem definitions, recognize dependencies and deliver impactful solutions through logical problem solving and technical ideations
- Strong programming skills in R, Python
Eligible team members will receive market competitive package including competitive pay, health, accidental and life insurance coverage, gratuity and provident fund, training and development and other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best - the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members' futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.