Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto; Calgary; Montreal; Normandin; Vancouver
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Your career is important to you. It's important to us, too. The time is right for you to join Deloitte.
What will your typical day look like?
The Data Scientist will be responsible for understanding the business objectives, data preparation, data mining, feature engineering, and developing machine learning models to solve business problems.
- Be proficient in all stages of model building – data sourcing, exploratory data analysis, data profiling, data cleaning, data preparation, feature engineering, scaling, model development, validation techniques, and model deployment to production
- Given a problem statement, be able to identify machine learning method (supervised/unsupervised) and categorize the problem into regression/classification/clustering models
- Ability to explore large datasets, visualize the data, and unearth the hidden data patterns
- Assess and understand data quality, and prepare quality datasets for training machine learning models
- Identify suitable machine learning algorithms, derive feature importance, define accuracy metrics to build, and validate models
- Define validation strategy, rank models, and choose the best model
- Must be able to explain the model outcome
- Ability to code in Python, write complex SQL and use AI/ML tools on cloud platforms (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Be self-driven and welcome new learning opportunity to grow skills
- Guide and share knowledge with the team on approaching different data science problems
The Artificial Intelligence (AI) CoE team in Solutions Delivery group within Deloitte’s ITS (Information Technology Services) is looking for a Data Scientist. AI CoE focuses on delivering solutions that have predictive, cognitive or other AI component to deliver value. At Deloitte, we're committed to recognizing, affirming and celebrating the diversity of opinion, talent and expertise that make each person unique. A career at Deloitte will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective field
- Have challenging and interesting work in a team environment
- Continue your development throughout your career to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience as a Data Scientist in end to end machine learning life cycle
- Experience in Python, NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, statsmodels, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or predictive/cognitive analytics technologies
- Experience in R is an asset
- Working experience with predictive/cognitive modeling
- Knowledge or experience with AI/ML tools on a cloud platform (e.g. Azure) such as Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, etc. is considered a strong asset
- Experience in SQL queries for data sourcing
- Experience with one or more database and unified analytics engines: DB2, Azure SQL, Spark, HANA
- Demonstrated ability to deal with structured, unstructured data and ability to prepare it for analytic operations
- Demonstrated ability to integrate data from multiple sources with varied formats
- Exposure to MLOps on any platform is a preferred
- Knowledge in NLP techniques is nice to have
- Experience in working with Transformer based models like BERT, RoBERTa, T5 is nice to have
Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We’re also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mind¬set, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan, Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.