Data Engineer Intern
Verisure is seeking a talented, innovative, passionate Data Engineer Intern to join our Group Marketing Team. The role will report to the Group Marketing Intelligence Technical Specialist, himself reporting into our Group Marketing Intelligence Director.
The Senior Data Engineer will support creating the foundations of a Center of Expertise around marketing analytics and be responsible for:
- Building sophisticated marketing reports that allow to measure precisely marketing performance along different geographies
- Supporting the creation of complex models to generate insights about different marketing strategies
- Connecting and extracting data automatically from different data sources, APIs, and platforms
- Collaborating closely with Business Intelligence and Marketing departments from different geographies
- Proposing new initiatives and solving any problems that arise
- Designing and implementing methodological standards around searching for, integrating, and operationalizing new data (both internal and external)
- Analyzing and understanding the complex system used in our markets and support the design harmonization initiatives
- Serving as the liaison to information and technology departments, ensuring alignment and prioritization of key marketing needs
- Managing data and data requests to improve the accuracy of our solutions
- Identifying languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Communicating findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Encouraging a collaborative work environment
- The role will be based in Madrid
Reports and organization structure
Direct reporting line into the Group Marketing Intelligence Technical SpecialistCANDIDATE PROFILE
Experiences and Qualifications
Verisure will provide you with a great professional challenge and development opportunity
- You have a programming background with the ability to propose ideas and solve problems
- You thrive in an international environment
- You have a passion for understanding the reason behind and promoting the use of data for business decision
- You want to impact and at the same continue learning, go above and beyond, and challenge yourself and the company to grow “faster and better”
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency in analytical data manipulation, on large databases and external data sources
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages are a plus
- Ability to network and reach out to different stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - ability to build effective relationships across different language/cultural and organizational styles.
- Ability to present information effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and to solve problems under time pressure and communicate it in a confident way.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Preference for individuals that embody an entrepreneurial spirit (lean organization).
- Agility - able to manage uncertainty and adapt to change with pragmatism.
- Can do mind-set with the ability to recommend quick and pragmatic decisions
Strong fit with our Company DNA
The CompanyWe Are People Who Protect People
- Passionate in Everything We Do: Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something; we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
- Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it’s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another’s strengths, investing in and developing our team’s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.
We are the leading provider of professionally monitored alarms for residential households and small businesses in Europe.Peace of mind for families and small businesses
We believe it is a human right to feel safe and secure. We now protect more than 3.4 million families and small businesses. Our service includes 24/7 monitoring, expert verification and response, customer care, service and maintenance services, and professional technical support. As well as protecting against intrusion, we protect against fire, attack, theft, life-threatening emergencies and other hazards. Verisure people are dedicated and committed and provide what we believe is the best customer service in the industry.Leading across a broad footprint
We are the leading provider of residential and small business monitored alarms in Europe. We operate in 16 countries across Europe and Latin America. Our business is driven by organic growth, based on our differentiated business model. We attract high quality customers. We work hard to ensure that our customers are happy. This contributes to an industry leading level of attrition and a long customer lifetime.A technology-enabled human services company
Our 18,000 team-mates are the foundation of our company. Our business model combines technology and human expertise to protect people. We are a human services company. More than 80% of our colleagues interact with customers every day. This connection provides the insight that inspires our innovation. These insights are a source of advantage. We leverage these insights with the significant investment we make into product and service innovation. The close customer contact also fuels the pride which drives engagement.30 years of experience – and many more to come
We have been protecting what matters most since 1988. Over that time, we have expanded beyond our roots in the Nordics and Spain. We now serve most of Europe and have also established a strong presence in Latin America. In 2017, to evolve our operating model, strategic innovation, operational excellence and access to talent, we opened our new Group headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2019, we formed a strategic partnership with Arlo, a world leader in connected cameras. Verisure acquired all rights to Arlo’s European business. This allows us to offer connected camera services in Europe as a complement to our professionally monitored security service. It also allows us to access new go-to-market opportunities in retail and e-commerce.