Senior Data Scientist-210005NNApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:
Join the SaaS Engineering Business Operations team and utilize your statistical programming skills to collect, analyze, interpret, and visualize large data sets to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges. Our small but mighty team is responsible for delivering complex projects where system analysis, software engineering, data engineering, and data science are used to deliver solutions for decision support. Preferred applicants have a wide range of technical competencies including statistics and machine learning, coding languages, databases, and reporting technologies. Ability to visualize large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable and spot patterns, trends, and correlations.
Responsibilities for Senior Data Scientist
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- You must be proficient in Jupyter/Python and PL/SQL
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SLQ, KNIME) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: OBIEE, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Tableau, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, or similar
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Job: Business Operations
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Other Locations: CA-CA,Canada-Mississauga, CA-CA,Canada-Vancouver
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire