At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What you will do in this role:
- Design, build, and support data pipelines to facilitate BI and Analytic deliverables within our team (e.g. ETL)
- Lead the establishment a self-service BI environment including data modeling and distribution of data for consumption by citizen BI developers
- Build consensus and buy-in with partner organizations on future state patterns
- Accountable for ensuring data within our store is meets quality and security requirements
- Drive the sharing of best practices within our team and the greater community through coaching, mentoring, and articles around core methodologies, standards and processes
- Build reports \ dashboards for consumption within our team using BI tooling such as Tableau or Power BI
Brining your Best! What this role needs:
- Strong ability to summarize complex technical situations into concise and actionable proposals
- Demonstrated ability to gather data systematically and consider a broad range of issues or factors to promote sustainability of the dataset
- Experience with pipeline\ETL development best practices for batch and near real-time integrations
- Experience with pipeline\ETL tooling such as MS SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Data Factory, PowerBI Workflows, Informatica Data Integration, etc.
- Strong SQL background including writing and troubleshooting complex SQL code and performance tuning
- Demonstrated ability to work with a range of data sources DBMS (MS SQL, IBM DB2, etc.), Files (csv,xls,etc.), Web (XML, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of APIs (SOAP and REST)
- Strong customer \ client orientation.
- Embrace continuous learning, curiosity, experimentation, and ambiguity
- Can execute alone, but is a great team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
Years of Experience
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.