Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Opportunity for a Senior Consultant, Data Engineer
- Showcase your expertise in Cloud data solution and Delta Lake
- We are committed to working flexibly
As a Senior Consultant Data Engineer, you will be responsible for managing, influencing and be the custodian for data pipeline engineering in Enterprise Conformance for services such as GDW, ROME and NDH. This includes design direction on solutions through to delivery to ensure a cohesive cross platform experience for business outcomes.
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Senior Consultant Data Engineer.
- Managing a functional area or a collection of related activities to achieve identified objectives Employees at this group would be expected to provide advice for a variety of diverse tasks or problems based on the application of judgment in their area of expertise and below responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining an application architecture and design pattern, code level standards engineering guidelines
- Executing a program of governance and assurance activities (deliverable reviews, code inspection, targeted non-functional testing, code to ensure that the outputs of the team are of an awesome conform to SE standards
- Consulting with Internal and external Architects, solution designers, developers, and testers on the key aspects of solution design, build engineering and non-functional testing
- Expediting and assisting the resolution of major technical issues that arise during the engineering and validation of the solution
- Contributing to the improvement of the Unit’s design and development capability
- Driving the maturing of software engineering as a values discipline in the technology operating model
What you will bring:
- A passion for data technology keeping up with latest trends, including the ability to hands on build data pipeline solutions
- Technical and domain expertise (eg business subject matter, technology and/or tools, vendor/package)
- Agile software development practices
- Technology and business stakeholder management
- Full life cycle expertise (design to development to testing to support)
- Testing automation experience
- Cloud data solution and Delta Lake expertise
Make a difference through your work:
At NAB, we work together to deliver exceptional outcomes that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’re an ASX listed organisation that has been serving Australian communities for more than 160 years. We’re investing in positive change and our work changes the future of banking. Our colleagues have an impact far beyond work, and you’ll be part of a team that is helping to solve some of society’s biggest challenges.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you:
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.