About Blue Cross
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.5 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us.
How Is This Role Important to Our Work?
This position manages semi complex data and information to provide meaningful results, which influence strategic decision-making at Blue Cross. The incumbent works both independently and with team to plan, initiate and occasionally lead analysis from conceptual development, through the programming stage and to implementation. Responsibilities include working with customers to understand business requirements, data management and stewardship for a variety of data sources, data analysis and the application of analytical techniques to ensure that the data is answering the right question. The incumbent will also be relied upon as a Business Intelligence power user and a data steward for the enterprise, providing services to a variety of customers, like Network Management, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Actuary and Underwriting, Audit and the Operations Division. Business data knowledge and programming skills will be leveraged.A Day In The Life
Nice To Have
- Develops plans, analyze data and report results to key internal stakeholders.
- Serves as a data and analytical consultant for key internal stakeholders.
- Serves as a data expert across a variety of legacy and contemporary data sources and is recognized as having a skill set that few within the organization have.
- Develops meaningful reporting programs in a variety of reporting and analytic tools, integrating multiple data sources together.
- Assists co-workers in using data/information in new and innovative ways.
- Interact with varying levels of leadership, including executives, to present information and provide suggestions for improving internal enterprise data sources.
- Working with associates across the organization on data sources, how to access data sources and the best source to access to meet data needs.
- Partners with internal customers to define business requirements at a very granular level, including understanding the question at hand, and provides the optimal data reporting solution.
Required Skills And Experiences
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of manage care and health care claims.
- Experience developing complex reporting and analytical programs in Microsoft BI – Power BI, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and SQL Server.
- Business analyst experience or proven experience in working with customers across the enterprise to understand business questions and to develop reporting and analytical solutions in support of those questions
Make A Difference
- 3+ years of related professional experience. All relevant experience including work, education, transferable skills, and military experience will be considered.
- Experience in any of the following languages and platforms: like (Microsoft BI, Power BI, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SAS JCL, SAS EG, SAS BI, SQL Server, Visual Basic or VIPS)
- Technical proficiency in developing reports using Power BI and other/or other reporting tools like Tableau, Cognos etc.
- Proven experience in working with customers across the enterprise to understand business questions and to develop reporting and analytical solutions in.
- Demonstrated ability to design, evaluate and interpret complex data sets.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and executives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting with individuals having diverse professional backgrounds including business, technical and /or clinical.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software application such as Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access.
Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.