CGI Federal is looking to hire Data Engineers to develop, enhance, and maintain data science capabilities for a government customer in Chantilly, VA.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- As a Data Engineer, you will serve a critical role as part of the client's Engineering Support Division—charged with enabling agency-wide data scientists meet their mission imperatives.
- The Engineering Support Division provides hands-on engineering and data preparation support across the Agency mission space, and its systems provide an expansive data layer coupled with a rich suite of tools for querying and visualizing data, developing prototypes, distributed processing, and collaboration among data scientists.
- The scope of work spans services to develop, enhance, and maintain data science capabilities, covering all aspects of application development, maintenance and support for Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS), custom built, or customized applications in support of the division's capabilities portfolio.
- Engineering services include data science compute environment preparation, data engineering, data modeling, data triage, ETL services, database support and administration, data services to connect data sources/sets/systems, backend and UI development, product evaluation, analytical support, operational support, big data analytics scale-out design, advanced and custom visualization, and knowledge management in terms of infrastructure and development.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Due to the nature of this government contract, an Active TS/SCI full-scope polygraph is required.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of data engineering or data management experience
- Experience with big-data tools, e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience performing ETL processes, designing data infrastructure, optimizing performance, and adhering to compliance and audit requirements for data storage, architecture, cybersecurity, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning, statistical modeling, time-series forecasting and/or geospatial analytics is preferred
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.