Great humans needed. Combine the best of your ingenuity and Cloud technologies to build a better world and lead clients towards change. Join us and do extraordinary things.
As a Data Engineer, you will design and maintain data analytic road maps and data structures that support business and technology objectives. Naturally inquisitive and open to exploration of underlying data, finding valuable insights and work with functional areas to drive identified actions. You enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team and have the confidence to influence and communicate with stakeholders at all levels and can work in fast-paced complex environments.
About the role:
You will be working on client projects with teams from across our Applied Intelligence Network comprised of industry, functional and technology SMEs on some of our clients most challenging projects. You will be involved in all aspects of data engineering from delivery planning, estimating and analysis, all the way through to data architecture and pipeline design, delivery and production implementation. This may include but not limited to delivering digestible, contemporary and immediate data content to support and drive business decisions. The key focus of the role is to deliver reports, dashboards and custom solutions for various business critical requirements,
We are looking for 3+ years of experience in data engineering in a customer or business facing capacity and experience in the following:
- Ability to understand and articulate requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stakeholder management and communication skills, including prioritising, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Strong experience in SDLC delivery, including waterfall, hybrid and Agile methodologies. Experience delivering in an agile environment,
- Experience of implementing and delivering data solutions and pipelines on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
- An in-depth understanding of large-scale data sets, including both structured and unstructured data
- Strong SQL and/or Python knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of delivering CI/CD and DevOps capabilities in a data environment
- Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica), including metadata management, SQL development and performance tuning within these database environments.
- Experience in addressing and implementing data quality solutions, data reconciliation framework and strong understanding and experience in building data lineage documentation, and Data Catalogues.
- Experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person. Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
The Data and AI revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere - transforming how we work and play. Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. Accenture is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. The sheer scale of our capabilities, client engagements and the way we collaborate with the ecosystem, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Experience: All levels
Start date: November 2021