One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The Data Analyst will collaborate with teams across the business groups to deliver insights, reports, and data products as well as conduct experiments to improve products, customer experience, customer retention and/or marketing efforts. This position will support an expanding global connectivity organization while understanding the business needs and translating them into insightful information.
The ideal candidate is deeply analytical with a keen desire to learn business processes and deliver impact. You can quickly develop the ability to translate complex data into insights that result in actions. This person will possess the ability to provide timely feedback to internal as well as external stakeholders, ensure the quality of the data as well as monitor the productivity of customer service.Job Responsibilities
As a Data Analyst, you will adapt and implement the key procedures that will drive our results and performance. The key responsibilities include:
In addition to strong leadership capability, achievement of our success objectives requires strategic agility, program management skills, and a deep interest in sales and performance optimization. You are a self-starter who can operate both tactically and strategically. It requires excellent business insight, regional expertise, creativity, and technical aptitude.
- Measure and assess the performance of any aspect of a monthly recurring revenue business, with the use of metrics and KPIs.
- Use analytics and experimentation to improve business effectiveness and understand causality and drivers of success.
- Build an understanding of the business, collaborate on the right questions to be answered, and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Build and maintain dashboards and reports, and perform analysis of forecasts, actual, and variance.
- Build data automation and data products as needed for performance dashboards, analyses, and experiments.
This is a hybrid role with three days working in the office and two days working remotely.
- 3+ years’ experience in taking complex business problems and delivering solutions using large-scale quantitative analysis.
- 1+ year experience with Python or R, Pandas, and SQL.
- 2+ years’ experience with Power BI.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Experience with script automation.
- Experience with visualization tools or libraries, such as in Python/R.
- Experience within an AWS environment.
- Ability to build data pipelines to support reporting and analytics workflows.
- Experience with statistics methods.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- A collaborative mindset, sense of curiosity, and desire for impact.
- Experience with the design of experiments, such as method selection and sample size calculation is desired.
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking.
- Ability to develop, prepare and present strategic information using market data and business performance metrics.
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.
- High tolerance for change.
- Portuguese fluency and advanced English required.
- Masters Degree in a related field
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here !