Waarom kiezen voor Eneco?
It is the ambition of Eneco to lead the Netherlands through the energy transition. To this end, our focus is on the customer in everything that we do. This focus connects all Eneco employees and enables us to fulfil our mission. You can feel it throughout the whole organisation, and it leads to multidisciplinary innovations such as Toon, Jedlix and Crowdnett.
Wat ga je doen?
Create data driven innovations, services, and products for the whole company
In Eneco's central data science team you willset up data driven solutions while collaborating within the whole organisation. This means you can work on a wide variety of topics, on both the commercial as well as the operational side of Eneco. On the commercial side, this can mean advising customers on sustainable investments based on energy use and building characteristics.On the operational side, improving efficiency of district heating or implementing predictive maintenance for wind turbine parks can be your next subjects. For all these projects, adding value both for the customer and for Eneco is key.
Energy companies have large amounts of data available to work with, and Eneco is a leader in this field, for example from our smart thermostat Toon. The big question is: how will you combine all this data and use it in an optimal way? Distributed energy generation and changes in energy demand have upended the conventional market for energy. Digital innovations help to align supply and demand and help the customer have a care-free experience; data plays a crucial part in all this.
Je bent verantwoordelijk voor:
- Exploring and mapping existing and new data streams within and beyond Eneco and finding innovative ways of using them;
- Collaborating in projects in which business value can be created using data science;
- Designing proof of concepts to prove the validity of a business case;
- Communicating analyses and results to colleagues and stakeholders;
- Convey the data science way of working within the organisation.
Can you see yourself working as a data scientist at Eneco and do you dare take up the challenge to extend the lead position of Eneco in the energy transition? Then you should apply for this position! NB: The vacancy is open to people with an EU work permit.
Wat breng je mee?
- Finished university education in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field;
- 1-3 years of experience working as a data scientist within a company;
- Knowledge and experience on the use of advanced analytics, big data, and machine learning;
- Strong oral and written presentation skills in English and preferably in Dutch;
- An interest in the energy domain and innovations therein, and a curious mindset.
Wij hebben je veel te bieden:
- A competitive salary;
- Lots of growth oppotunities;
- Become part of a ambitious organization that allows you to be creative;
- A young, ambitous team;
- Working in the city center of Rotterdam.
Waar ga je werken?
Eneco's central data science team
In Eneco's central data science team. Eneco has a hybrid organisational structure for data science: There is both a central data science team as well as data scientists embedded within the business organisation. The central data science team's mission is threefold: 1) set up and collaborate in projects that span multiple departments, 2) enable other data scientist by supplying technology and a consistent way of working, and 3) educate Eneco on being data driven.0
Toepassing van duurzame energie kent geen grenzen
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Freya Lipka 0615611497 or click the apply button.