Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The Basedata Analyst is responsible for analyzing, preparing, developing, testing and delivering data into test and production systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Basedata support to all stakeholders
- Make configuration changes to Basedata in accordance with service and project requirements
- Configure test environments in accordance with Cubic’s configuration management procedures.
- Produce test plans and scenarios to prove system and device functionality
- Execute approved test scenarios accurately and in a timely manner; recording the outcome of each distinct test step, providing metrics and supporting documentation in accordance with Cubic’s testing procedures.
- Assist customer/user witnessed testing processes in a professional manner.
- Produce artefacts associated with service and project obligations as undertaken by the team. This will include but is not limited to documentation, test results, physical media, maps and reports
- Deploy Basedata in accordance with Cubic’s installation procedures in locations as required.
- Provide accurate records of testing and acceptance associated with client handover.
- Produce documentation to support the entire life cycle of Basedata verification and delivery.
- Follow Cubic change control procedures when making changes to any production affecting element or system, configuration item, document or contractual obligation.
- Attend off site customer and project meetings, independent test witnessing and installations as required
- Recommend, system and process improvements
- Work with other teams within CTS to develop and implement new assets required for clients to deliver the service required by the relevant contracts. Ensure that new assets are integrated into existing service or new service contracts whilst preserving the quality and performance of the existing assets.
- Investigate problems as they occur and assisting with remedial or preventative actions.
- Respond to requests for support from stakeholders and team members, providing information, data and/or recommendations for support in accordance with Cubic’s policies and procedures. Incidents will be tracked in Cubic’s incident management system.
- Implement and document agreed changes in accordance with Cubic’s change control procedures.
- Build relationships with stakeholders.
- Maintain and expand industry knowledge of our clients’ systems.
- Provide a clear account of activities and progress to their line management.
- Review and provide feedback on the work of other team members and be open to review of your own work by peers.
- Mentor and support colleagues
- Comply with Cubic’s values and adherence to all company policy and procedures. In particular comply with the code of conduct, quality, security and occupational health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Manual Testing
- ITSQB Foundation Level
- Experienced with commercial computer systems
- Good written communication skills
- Computer literate, competent in MS Word and Excel
- Testing Role Experience
- Experience in SQL and databases
Education and qualifications
- A Level educated or equivalent
- Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solver
- Able to plan and manage multiple tasks
- Flexible and adaptable – willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to work well with other members of the team
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.