Data Engineer – m/f/x –
Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?You are passionate about Data, you are proactive and eager to learn, you know what it means to work in an Agile mode, and you want to join one of the key players within the banking sector? We look to strengthen our functional as well as our technical data engineering teams.
Within the Data Department, the Data Hub tribe is looking for motivated & proactive Data Engineers (Functional & Technical) to reinforce our team, with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience. You will have the possibility to work for several of our internal customers and gain key insights on how data can be captured, organized and enhanced, to support fact base decision making as well as improve business actions, throughout the whole Bank.
Your future job
The Data Hub tribe is working closely with all the other departments of the Bank and plays a major role in :
- providing business intelligence reporting and analysis services and maintaining the related assets for all the bank’s business lines and functions, all product-related domains and for regulatory reporting:
- providing prepared and raw data pipe lines to support ad hoc as well as industrialised advanced analytics
- providing prepared and well designed – EDM compliant – data stores to be consumed by eg API’s
- Providing meticulously accurate risk management: we collect and process important data in the name of our clients.
- Providing state of the art asset management guaranteeing compliant, secured, well documented and governed data assets, tools and platforms
What will you do?
As DATA Engineer,
- You will work in an A gile, iterative way and collaborate very closely with your squad members creating value for both business and customer.
- you are a key contributor in preparing and making data available in a safe and secure manner, for multiple usages by Businesses and Functions, and for multiple purposes – reporting, analytics and/or dashboards, analytics, apps.
- You contribute to the productivity for all Data Consumers by delivering well designed and running Data Assets, to be used at various levels: for specific local needs and usages, bank-wide for global usage, or within a specific Business or Function.
- And technical T-shaped you focus on the technical design of the solutions to be build and/or to be integrated in the existing ecosystem. You have the ability to develop and to technical integration testing and/or work together with dedicated developers, whom you accompany and peer check the work of.
- You deploy and play an active role also in the follow up of the run (incidents, support requests, continuous improving).
- You contribute to the COP – community of practice – settle and enhancing good practices and reusable components.
- You can perform small analysis – thus the T-shaping . But the prime focus is on the technical parts of our data assets and delivery.
Highlight your strengths
Because as a technical data engineer
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT (Informatica, Computer or industrial engineering) to your name or equivalent by experience.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English and preferably speak fluent on of the following languages : French or Dutch.
- You have experience with data in any of the relevant data domains of the bank (product related, business related), having developed applications eg in those domains.
- You have a strong interest for Physical data modelling, structuring, good data understanding and data management as well as design and development of good practices for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing specific technical design patterns. Having a relevant work experience within that domain is an asset. Respect of the IT and Data standards applied in the tribe is a must do.
- Through your education and/or experience, you can use tools such as the data modelling tool Powerdesigner.
- We are mainly looking for candidates having working experience in Big Data technologies and platforms, specifically in following technologies :
- Python, Spark, Kafka, Flink, HFDS-Cloudera Stack, Scala, Hive, Java/HTML5 (and other technologies related to the Big data evolutions),
- You also worked with DEVOPS : CI/CD Tools, Jenkins, Marvin, GIT, ….
- Having building API’s is an asset, but not mandatory.
- Working experience in traditional BI is an advantage, but not mandatory : mainframe, Cobol, DB2, Informatica Powercenter ETL, PL/SQL, Oracle, … .
- Have the Agile Mindset and behaviours as promoted in Agile Impulse is a must have : you are a team player, you like sharing your knowledge, you learn and adapt fast. You a re open to give and receive constructive feedback and inspires accordingly. You don’t hesitate to contribute to cross-functional projects, outside of the boundaries of your primary role. You can manage your time efficiently and set up priorities.
- You are client focused and transform client wishes into documented solutions. You take a proactive approach, tackling problems immediately. You also inspires motivation and positivity. You are result oriented, a problem solver.
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP Paribas Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. Being the bank for a changing world means accompanying them through the changes they experience on a daily basis to help them achieve their projects. It also means reconciling our customers’ individual, collective and professional challenges to build a more sustainable world together.
Tempted by the challenge?Interested in this function? Do not hesitate to apply online.
: Vaste aanstelling
: DATAOpleidingsniveau : Master of equivalent (> 4 jaar)Ervaringsniveau : Minstens 3 jaar
: FulltimeCompetentieprofiel : SpecialistEntiteit : BNP Paribas Fortis