A data engineer works on implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising large sets of data to turn information into value using multiple platforms. You will work with business analysts, architects and data scientists to understand customer business problems and needs, secure the data supply chain, implement analysis solutions and visualise outcomes that support improved decision making for a customer. You will understand how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry – and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
- Working with colleagues to understand and implement requirements
- Delivering the data supply chain, understanding how data is ingested from different sources and combined / transformed into a single data set.
- Understanding how to analyse, cleanse, join and transform data.
- Implementing designed / specified solutions into the chosen platform
- Working with colleagues to ensure that the on-prem/cloud infrastructure available is capable of meeting the solution requirements.
- Planning, designing and conducting tests of the implementations, correcting errors and re-testing to achieve an acceptable result.
- Appreciate how to manage the data including; security, archiving, structure and storage.
- Degree level education in Mathematics, Scientific, Computing or Engineering discipline or equivalent experience with demonstrated working experience at various levels of Data Engineering roles
- Experience in designing solutions using databases and data storage technology using RDBMS (MS SQL Server)
- Experience building, optimizing and automating Big Data data pipelines, architectures and data sets using MS Azure data management and processing components through IaaS/PaaS/SaaS implementation models implemented through custom solutions
- Proficiency in Python scripting. Experienced in using different python modules used for data munging
- Be up to date with data processing technology / platforms such as Spark (Databricks)
- Experienced in Azure DevOps
- Experience of working in tightly regulated industry is desirable
- Experience with at least one ETL and/or data integration tool such as Informatica, Datastage, SSIS or MuleSoft is highly desirable
- Good understanding of infrastructure components and their fit in different types of data solutions
- Experience of designing solutions deployed on Microsoft and Linux operating systems
- Experience of working in an agile environment, within a self-organising team.
We offer excellent opportunities to develop, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Rolls-Royce follows a merit-based employee recruitment process and does not charge/accept any payment/security deposit from candidates during the recruitment process. Candidates seeking employment with Rolls-Royce should be cautious of potentially fraudulent communications and offers from individuals and agencies purporting to be from, or acting on behalf of, Rolls-Royce.
Please refer to the Career section on the Rolls-Royce website to verify employment offers or vacancies. Rolls-Royce shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequences that may arise from any communication or offer of employment not directly made by Rolls-Royce.
Rolls-Royce reserves the right to take legal action against any individuals or agencies acting on behalf of Rolls-Royce without authorisation.
23 Jun 2021; 00:06