Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers
bringing our characters to life, the creators
bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers
creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.Your New Role
This role will work with a fast-paced team to create the data technology stack that can be used to deliver end-user insights used for developing the next generation of digital products and product strategies. You’ll also help build out an internal data pipeline and develop ways to optimize data technologies to shape our digital data strategy.Your Role Accountabilities
Qualifications & Experiences
- Gain an understanding of brand and enterprise data warehouse/reporting requirements that will inform the data architecture and modeling approach. Employ these learnings to construct appropriate ETL processes, database queries, and data/permission models that support data aggregation and reporting on actionable insights
- Passion to write code which is efficient, organized, simple and scalable meeting business requirements.
- Enthusiasm to learn and finding opportunity to enhance and adopt in the daily engineering activities is highly desired.
- Deliver end-to-end JIRA User stories meeting quality expectations of the team.
- Familiarity with BI Tools and able to create semantic layer models for the business users
- Gain an understanding of multiple datasets to be able to perform ad-hoc analysis for different business units
- Participate in QA testing for data pipeline projects as well as implementation changes to the suite of analytical tools
Not Required But Preferred Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or information technology.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with programming languages – SQL, Python, AWS Glue and databases (Snowflake, Postgres, Dynamo DB)
- Experience with AWS cloud services – Kinesis, Lambda, IAM Policies
- Experienced in software delivery through continuous integration (for example git, bitbucket, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experienced in one or more automation and scheduling tools (for example Redwood, Airflow, etc.)
- Experience leveraging creative analytics techniques and output to tell a story to drive business decisions
- Champions the capabilities and benefits of analytical data assets. Partner effectively across departments and stakeholders
- Solid business acumen, and critical problem-solving ability, with a capacity for strategic thinking
How We Get Things Done…
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of API connectivity and data streaming architecture
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.