We strongly believe that in this digital age for a sustainable competitiveness it is imperative to have a strong focus on Data & Analytics cutting across Business Services. We are heavily investing in areas like Big Data, Data Science, Reporting, and BI Tools to meet our Digital transformation objectives.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced professional in the role of Data Engineer to help us in achieving the same.In this role of Data Engineer, you will work across various Data & Analytics Tools, Applications, and Big Data Platforms. You feel ownership (and are responsible) for the data, as key company asset and driving, govern, and guide teams and know how to maximise value and balance speed and quality in delivery. You are aware about the best practices in Data & Analytics domain and you know the best way to utilise them or you are keen to learn and share your findings with others.
What You Will Do
As part of the Analytics Microsoft Delivery team you will be working closely with Data Science, Enterprise Architecture, and Business Unit teams to contribute towards the data strategy; as well as with Application Architects and Solution Architects to implement coherent solution architecture and learn from each other.
- Contribute to delivering business impact and finding and implementing effective solutions in a matrix organisation to drive the enterprise information strategy and analytics transformation
- Take a leading role in operationalising data science models to ensure all requirements, including functional, integration, security, performance, quality, and operations are covered
- Be responsible for implementing projects and develop, build, configure, unit test, and implement data solutions based on lower level designs within the data infrastructure
- Ensure data solution technical functionality and meet requirements outlined in the design in terms of scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.
- Align and implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility
- Constantly monitor, refine, and report on the performance of data management systems
- Implement system configuration changes based on defined solution
- Ensure that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented according to company IT standards
- Unit test solutions to ensure that they meet quality standards
- Maintain, support and repair solutions to ensure performance in accordance with technical and functional specification
- Cooperate with other data engineers to make sure that the applications meet requirements and performance goals
Who You Are
- University degree in computer science, management information systems, or related discipline
- Significant experience of application programming (python or Scala) and ETL/ELT experience
- Experience with big data technologies including Hadoop, Apache Spark
- Proven experience with Databricks and Microsoft Azure Data Lake tools (Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse, Power BI, Logic Apps)
- Experience building automation pipelines for testing and deployment using Azure DevOps
- Experience working with creating restful APIs and creating external applications to run data science models
- Expert in a combination of Spark (Python, R or Scala), PySpark, Spark SQL, Pandas, and/or Spark Streaming
- Advanced knowledge of Python to be able to perform code refactoring
- Experience in big data tools (Elastic Search/Solr and Kafka) is a plus
- Basic understanding of data science
- Jupyter Notebooks experience is nice to have
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe everyone's learning and professional development is unique and want to empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Inclusive Culture | Empowering & Engaged Leaders | Working with Powerful Purpose & Sustainable Impact | Learning and Growing in your Career | Supporting Well-being & Sustainable Working Life | Life-changing Innovations | Competitive Total rewards
We are looking forward to your online application including your salary expectations. Please apply online. Applications through email or post will not be accepted.Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive, inviting and harmonious workplace where individuality is appreciated by everyone. For this reason, incoming applications are selected based on professional qualifications and working values regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual identity, nationality, severe disability or age.
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date:
29 Jun 2023