We are searching for an energetic Data Analyst to help the FP&A team develop and manage go to market analytics and predictive tools. The Data Analyst will prepare, analyze, and review data, interpret results and provide recommendations. The Data Analyst will be responsible for leveraging internal and external data to support business case development and create forward looking analytical tools. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The most successful candidate is a creative and passionate analyst, able to apply existing talents in a team environment, while continuously looking to grow their skills and remain up to date on technology trends and best practices.
As a team member of Deltek, you will have an opportunity to apply your knowledge of data analytics tools to contribute to the FP&A best-practice predictive analytics capabilities.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets and provide creative, compelling solutions for solving data or business intelligence challenges
- Gather, organize, and analyze internal and third party data and work with internal business leaders to support key go to market priorities.
- Apply quantitative analysis and data visualization to tell the story behind the numbers
- Consult with internal clients and team members on requirements for analytics’ projects and company-wide business rules.
- Assist with data mining and transformation, the creation of set analysis; data integration through extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from various sources
- Elicit and document data requirements and specifications from functional and technical subject matter experts and system owners. Translate data requirements into a ‘best fit’ within the application and develop processes and documentation that support data
- Develop a strong understanding of the business and respective systems to support the internal customer's strategic objectives
- Create data-driven visualizations to communicate key ideas clearly and succinctly
- Help analyze the impact of major strategic initiatives
- Produce ad hoc and project-based analysis as necessary help understand business performance