Data EngineerBring your expertise to an environment that values collaboration and quick implementation of your ideas and insights! We are looking for a Data Engineer to drive vital business decisions. You will be responsible for leading efforts to collect data, perform analysis, and communicate insights to company leadership and key stakeholders.
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure to support the overall data environment, including data pipeline, aggregation, modeling, and warehousing solutions.
- Provide operational oversight, monitoring and problem resolution of active data infrastructure & pipelines.
- Gather requirements for new data pipeline requests from the business and translate these requests into technical data requirements.
- Extract, clean, and manage large data sets.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Build and maintain dashboards, reports, and metrics to monitor the performance of our hotels.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and gain key insights into the workings of our business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- 5+ years experience as a data engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or related role
- Expertise in SQL and programming languages, such as Java or Python
- Expertise with ETL tools (e.g., SSIS, Pentaho, Power Query, Alteryx)
- Proficiency with building cubes, data visualization, and dashboard tools (e.g. de Facto, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analysis effectively to all levels of the organization (e.g., leadership, board, staff, business partners, etc.)
Stand Out Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Hospitality industry experience, including hotel metrics
- Experience with HAPI, Oracle Opera, Delphi.fdc, and other hospitality systems
- Python/R experience
- AWS, Azure, or related cloud experience