Who we are:
We are an award-winning innovative RegTech Firm with a passion for Artificial Intelligence that makes the world safer. We work with several large international banks and financial institutions, such as Standard Chartered Bank and HSBC, to provide them with powerful tools that combat Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. Our technological innovation has brought us the support of leading Venture Capital Funds from Silicon Valley and Singapore.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for sharp, experienced, and disciplined Senior Data Scientists with excellent leadership and innovative thinking skills.
If you’re laser-focused, a fluent communicator, not afraid of a serious challenge, and have the know-how to develop statistical models, which can follow the organization, the people, and the money then you’re a fit.
- Learn from Subject Matter Experts (financial crime, machine learning, software architecture, and more).
- Work with technologically fluent management, who understand the hardships of data science and software development from experience.
- Maintain a strong autonomy with no micromanagement; do what you do best.
- Set worldwide standards for identifying money laundering and terrorism financing events.
- Approach the problem with any solution that works, be it machine learning or otherwise.
- Hone your NLP and text analysis skills to a master level.
- Work with people across the entire organization. No silos allowed.
- Communicate the business value of your work.
- Python, Pyspark, Pandas, as well as the usual machine learning and NLP libraries, are the standard tools of our trade.
- Demonstrable problem-solving and leadership skills. You are expected to set an example for others
- Solid understanding of statistics and machine learning. Do you know what you’re using?
- Translate complex, technical concepts into actionable, high-level business ideas. Does your work tell a business story?
- Experience in the Linux environment (Bash) and continuous integration will get you extra points.
To apply please visit: https://silenteight.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?46&source=betterteam
What does a career at Silent Eight look like?
A career at Silent Eight enables you to work alongside a talented team of experts from around the world. We are not new to remote work-life, in fact, we’ve been doing it since 2013. This means we understand some of the common pain-points of working remotely and strive to make sure you get both the benefits of remote work life, like autonomy, flexibility, and balance. But you never feel alone or unsupported.
We encourage both individuality and collaboration and want to create an atmosphere for your voice to shine. In practice, this means regular “tea time” (or coffee, if you prefer :) ), with your colleagues, monthly company calls; idea and brainstorm sessions; internal “hackathons”, and more.
You are signing on for a true taste of life at a startup and all the fast-paced, quick-thinking, and excitement that the world of technology entails.
As a member of our team, you will not only be supported in your immediate role/department, but you will have a chance to work across borders, languages, and cultures and contribute to our collective mission: to use cutting-edge AI to make the world a safer place.
What are some of the benefits?
- You will be on the ground floor of technological innovation, using AI and the newest technology stack to solve global problems.
- An often underplayed “perk” of remote work is autonomy. At Silent Eight we see this as a benefit because it fosters ownership and the ability to care out something that is distinctly yours. We celebrate autonomy and encourage new ideas, and we want you to share yours!
- You will contribute to weekly/bi-weekly ideation sharing sessions, as well as participate in ongoing requests for input and feedback. We have a culture of openness and willingness to change when things aren’t working.
- Because learning never ends, we encourage each of our employees to take a day to learn or try something new. Take an Annual Development day, on us!
- Your work will have an actual impact on how the biggest banks around the world stop money laundering and terrorism financing activities. But more than just banks, you will play a part in fighting the human cost of financial crime, a cause that is at the core of our mission and beliefs.
- Take part in regular get-togethers, including seasonal parties, international meetings. Even with COVID, we gather for regular video gatherings just for fun :) And we love memes, especially dog ones.
Silent Eight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please include the following statement with your application:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Silent Eight Pte. Ltd. whose registered office is Manulife Tower 8 Cross Street #28-01, Singapore 048424 for purposes of the recruitment process for the position of Senior Data Scientist under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/WE (General Data Protection Regulation).”
We kindly inform you that the above consents can be withdrawn at any time by sending an e-mail to email@example.com from the e-mail address provided in your application.
We will continue to hold and process your data for as long as necessary to consider you for employment and for a reasonable period of time as is necessary for document compliance with local laws in the country where the opportunity is located. You can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your data unless continued retention is required for compliance documentation.
You have the right to access, correct, modify, update, rectify, request for the transfer or deletion of data, withdrawal of consent or objection.
We kindly inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.