Software SolutionsEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full TimeLocation:
São Paulo, BrazilDescription
Are you looking to leverage your data skills while helping deal with the energy crisis? As an early member of the geographically dispersed Data Team within the Software Solutions team at Aurora, you will contribute to setting up processes and streamlining data pipelines that power Aurora’s energy model forecasts for countries around the world that are used by movers, shakers, and policymakers in the energy industry. You will take ownership of data product development by working closely with other teams at Aurora to scope data requirements, help with acquisition, QA, and analysis, set up pipelines for post-processing, and support with data discovery. It is an exciting opportunity to work on several aspects of the data lifecycle while supporting the larger global energy transformation.
- Take ownership of historical data dashboards from concept through launch and maintenance.
- Coordinate with Aurora teams to gather data requirements, support data acquisition from public and third-party sources, QA data, and set up a pipeline to update the data.
- Support design, development, and launch of Aurora dashboards to paint an up-to-date picture of regional power markets.
- Support Aurora teams with data analysis and storytelling using dashboards.
What we are looking forRequired Attributes
- 3+years of experience designing and building
- 3+ with relational and/or columnar databases and SQL.
- 3+ years of experience coding with Python and working with YAML & JSON.
- Hands-on experience with data analytics and visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau, and Excel .
- Hands-on experience with energy-related data.
- Good communication skills.
- Familiarity with statistical and/or AI models.
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector.
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops, and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert.
- A fun, informal, collaborative, and international work culture.
- A competitive salary package.
- Access to regular coaching and mentoring sessions and the opportunity to learn from experienced professionals.
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills within the responsibilities of your role and within the wider context of the industry.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), offering a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7/365, covering a wide range of personal and professional aspects.