Company Description Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Job Description Apply data mining techniques and conduct statistical analysis to large, structured and unstructured data sets to understand and analyse phenomena. Model complex business problems, discovering insights and opportunities through statistical, algorithmic, machine learning and visualisation techniques, working closely with clients, data and technology teams to turn data into critical information used to make sound business decisions. Execute intelligent automation and predictive modelling.
- Information Studies Degree
- 5-7 years proven development experience in software and software engineering.
- Experience in technical business intelligence and knowledge of IT infrastructure and data principles.
- Project management experience. Exposure to governance and regulatory matters as it relates to data. Experience in building models (credit scoring, propensity models, churn, etc.).
- 5-7 years experience in working with unstructured data (e.g. Streams, images), understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of structured and unstructured data. Using data mining to discover new patterns from large datasets. Implement standard and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing data. Experience with common data science toolkits, such as SAS, R, SPSS, etc. Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Examining Information
- Interpreting Data
- Articulating Information
- Data Analysis
- Data Integrity