Supervisor, Data Analytics
Full-Time Contract(12 months)
We are a member organization of GS1, the world’s leading supply chain standards organization. As a neutral, not-for-profit organization, we enable our more than 20,000 subscribers – organizations of all sizes from over 20 sectors across Canada – to enhance their efficiency and cost effectiveness by adopting electronic supply chain best practices.
What We Do:
- We develop standards that improve the way that business is conducted and allow Canadian businesses to compete on a global scale.
- We deliver implementation services that enable businesses to implement standards to achieve supply chain efficiency.
- We educate industry on how to incorporate collaborative commerce tools and processes into their businesses through seminars, conferences, and published guides and standards.
Who We Represent:
As a user-driven and governed organization, our subscriber base includes organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries and sectors located across Canada and around the world.
Keys To The Role
The Data Analyst will support GS1 Canada’s industry exclusive Dashboard. This includes weekly data processing and validation of master data files, quality assurance testing and ongoing product development and process optimization.
The Data Analyst also plays an integral role in supporting Industry Managed Services (IMS) with subscriber and service level reporting and analysis. Working closely with other analysts, the candidate will extract, process and summarize subscriber data and be instrumental in ensuring data quality and integrity throughout the process.
The Data Analyst will assist the Supervisor of Data Analytics to translate business requirements into technical and functional solutions that allow IMS to deliver value added services to existing subscribers and promote enrolment of new subscribers which support cost recovery in the not-for-profit model.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the refresh of GS1 Canada’s Dashboard – a portal used by retailers to evaluate vendor compliance to services essential for commerce.
- Validate retail data against GS1 Canada registries for completeness and perform quality assurance prior to promotion to production
- Transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding and drawing conclusions.
- Querying data in SQL Server, Access or other database tools from disparate systems and sources ensuring integrity, quality and efficient processing at every step
- Liaise with senior and executive level stakeholders to identify criteria for business reporting and execute the technical solution delivery.
- Evaluate business requirements gathered from multiple sources and identify underlying business needs vs wants and work with the Supervisor to prioritize development efforts.
- Create reports that go beyond presenting the numbers but also delivers meaningful analytics.
- Assist with Data Warehouse development and implementation
- Create, deploy and maintain BI tools and reports
- Validate system integrity through report generation and analysis from various internal databases as required (i.e. CRM, ECCnet Registry and Item Centre).
- Assist with conducting full lifecycle data analysis and evolving analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Champions initiatives to enhance data quality by identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficiencies in reporting, analysis and/or product development
- Scheduling tasks to execute at regular intervals or automating repetitive or complex steps using VBA or other scripting languages.
- Establish a brand identity by standardizing report processes and generating output with consistent results, accurate information and quality fit and finish.
- Engage with Data Governance to document and maintain procedures for data management and reporting standards;
- Ensure ongoing understanding of relevant emerging technologies and services provided by GS1 Canada.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- University degree or college diploma in business or a related area of study, with a focus on problem solving, analytics/mathematics and critical thinking
- A minimum of 2-3 year’s work experience, preferably in data management and reporting capacity
- Experience in dimensional data modeling
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse design but preference will be given to those with experience in Data Warehouse implementation and architecture
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL coding is a must, preferably with SQL Server and its suite of tools and services (SSRS, SSIS, MDM, etc.)
- In depth understanding of DBMS systems, online analytical processing and ETL methods
- Strong capability with Business Intelligence (BI) tools link MS Power BI, Tableau, Microstrategy, QlikView or others
- Understanding of governance principles and master data management required.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate/confirm business reporting requirements, technical design and implementation
- Meticulous with high attention to detail
- Proven ability to apply critical thinking. Able to read between the lines to extrapolate requirements not explicitly written or identified and anticipates next steps
- Takes pride in their work and validates with vigour to ensure accuracy and correctness
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; exhibits confidence in self and others
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to positively influence others to promote engagement
- Able to speak and present to stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational focus, with demonstrated analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Demonstrated and proven high level of proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint) with preference given to those with advanced expertise in Excel and familiarity with MS Access or other relational database systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamic CRM would be an asset
- VBA or other scripting experience is highly preferred
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects, multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit suited for fast-paced, results-based environment, requiring flexibility to ever-changing needs
Click here to apply online.
GS1 Canada is an equal opportunity employer. If selected for an interview, please advise our Human Resources team if you require accommodation due to a disability during the interview and assessment process.