Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist, Customer Data and Integrations, to be part of the Rogers Sports & Media data team. This position will support the continuous evolution of our data-driven media platforms to deliver on highly engaging, personalized customer experience to support our advertising and subscription business.
As an experienced data scientist, you will work on streamlining data collected in our customer data platform, use predictive analytics to refine how it is modelling, and finally ensure the data flows through to the different business platforms.
The work will ultimately support our data-driven vision with the goal of understanding our audiences, enhancing customer experience and engagement and driving business growth and increased revenue.What you will do:
- Support the newly introduced customer data platform (CDP) and how all relevant customer identifiers and data is collected, aggregated and transformed into a unified customer ID Graph, and used to enable customer engagement.
- Use advanced machine learning techniques to develop new predictive and prescriptive models that lead to robust final production-grade solutions in areas of customer segmentation; optimization, attribution and insights reporting and measurement.
- Work on the tech integration and data flow across multiple advertising and marketing platforms in the Rogers Sports and Media environment.
- Enable customer data flow across our CRM data sources and AdTech and MarTech stack covering Rogers 1st party data, owned and operated digital and OTT platforms, and partner network media properties, as well as audience and media activations platforms.
- Work in conjunction with IT enterprise data teams to on all necessary data collection and transformation functions required to support the data science process.
What you will bring:
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- Data science experience in statistical programming; e.g. Python, Scala, R, database analytics tools; e.g. SQL, and machine learning frameworks, technologies, and platforms; e.g. Databricks, Azure ML, AWS SageMaker, etc., as well as big data cloud environments, e.g. Azure, AWS.
- Experience in data integration with upstream and downstream systems, data development, database structures and data transfer methods; e.g. ETL, API.
- Strong experience in data-driven marketing or advertising fields with focus on customer segmentation and measurement.
- Exposure to marketing tech is strongly preferred; digital analytics platforms; e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.), ad serving platforms, audience segmentation and Data Management Platform; e.g. Adobe Audience Manager, or Customer Data Platforms.
- Experience with Reporting and Visualization tools is strongly preferred; e.g. Tableau, DOMO.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as flexible to adjust to evolving business needs and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Superior communication skills; ability to understand objectives, lead business and technical discussion and communicate effectively.
- Passionate about new ideas and emerging market trends.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
- Not from the city? No problem! Rogers invites candidates to apply no matter where you are located as you will be working remotely.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 194601
Posting Notes: Media