Meta is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Business Products Engineering team supporting the Meta Business Group. The role will build scaled insights solutions for partners globally, leverage data to identify product opportunities and measure impact, and collaborate with multiple cross-functional partners across sales, marketing, planning and operations, product, engineering, and others. Our focus on data analysis, scalability and a robust infrastructure of back-end systems allows us to work effectively with our engineering and product teams to build proprietary tools and techniques to provide product support at scale and enforce the quality of all our advertising products.Successful candidates for this team have a bias toward action and enjoy finding patterns amid chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have in-depth experience in data-driven decision making. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the growth and success of a business.
Data Analyst, BPE Responsibilities:
- Develop scaled insights solutions to drive business performance, accelerate product success and unlock partner value
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and data visualization to see beyond the numbers and pull insights to help identify trends & opportunities to drive growth of our product & business, and measure impact
- Be a thought leader for data-informed initiatives and contribute to the team’s direction overall
- Conduct in-depth investigations leveraging large and complex data sets
- Partner with Data Science, Product, PM, Data Engineering and Software Engineering teams to solve problems at scale
- Inform, influence, and execute new strategies and tactics using analysis and impact metrics to support your positions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 4+ years of SQL experience
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Experience with reporting systems and data pipeline architecture
- Communication experience in articulating issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with experimental design and statistical modeling
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, experience initiating and driving projects with minimal oversight and guidance
- Proven track record of leveraging data to influence cross-functional stakeholders, partners and leadership to drive decisions
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.