Show me the data and I shall bring great clarity and interpretation to bear! Said no-one I have ever met – yet. But we would love to meet the individual that brings that level of insight to the decision making that drives our vision as one of the most creative and influential content producers on the planet. We need such a confident, expert mindset here at BBC Studios.
Why might it be of interest?
If your wings feel clipped and your insightful voice is simply not being heard loudly enough then maybe your talents aren’t being appreciated? Maybe you would thrive in an environment where you will be called upon constantly to steer the thinking and approach on projects? A place where the room goes quiet when you share your thoughts and observations.
So whilst you won’t get your own driver or a dedicated top floor office with retina scanning entry – you will get the opportunity to work within a fascinating sector with people that share a vision to stimulate and excite audiences across the UK and beyond. Not many places can claim that.
Just maybe you are ready to take on a reporting line and direct stakeholder relationships in an organisation where Data Analytics is truly consulted and where data informs big decisions. A place like BBC Studios.
What’s the role
This is a new role that has emerged through expansion of the growing team. You’ll be able to make a real difference to your colleagues professional development and environment through practical leadership initiatives and freedom to create new structures for the team!
- Holding the revered responsibility of ‘data guru’ to a team of 3-4 analysts who support the Global Digital Consumer Engagement team
- Sign, sealed, deliver.. analysis and reporting using a variety of first- and third-party datasets to support BBC Studios’ ambitions in Social AVOD, CRM and Marketing
- Being able to decipher where revenue is directly attributable to report on revenue and ROI; where revenue isn’t directly attributable, put your own spin on it to carve out a marble model for it
- Communicate results and findings to non-analysts in an appropriate manner and medium (e.g., reports, dashboards, decks etc.)
- As an expert in everything data, be responsible for the quality of data that informs analysis and reporting, for example, by ensuring campaigns are correctly tagged
Are you the right candidate?
Beyond the experience of delivering market-leading analytic expertise within similarly sized, super-busy organisations:
- Management experience. You will have a passion for leading teams and developing junior colleagues
- A strong grasp of first-party analytics systems, e.g., Google Analytics, Adobe, Piano
- Experience in social media/digital media/marketing
- A big fan with proven experience of third-party analytics systems, e.g., Facebook Creator Studio, YouTube Analytics, Social Bakers/Emplifi
- A keen forensic mind for data visualisation tools, e.g., Tableau, Shiny, R, Python Dash, Power BI
- Some experience in one or more data scripting language such as Python, R or SQL
- An understanding of media business models on-platform (e.g., advertising, DTC) and off-platform (e.g., Social AVOD)
- Being a tech whizz, you will have a strong understanding of how the digital and media landscape is evolving and the implications for BBC Studios
- Skilled pen-personship and articulate with experience developing relationships and presenting results to senior stakeholders
- Finally – you will thrive in a collaborative team where the shared desire to effect change and to build a BBC fit for the new generation drives our work ethic, our behaviour and our day to day. You’ll find a welcome at BBC Studios that will soon have you wondering why you didn’t make the move sooner.
What do you get in return:
- A place where Data Analytics is central to how we make decisions
- The opportunity to grow and develop within your discipline and beyond – don’t forget this role has come about due to progression. We encourage it.
- A fair and appropriate salary and a range of benefits that include contributory pension. Discounted Health, Dental and Gym membership
- 26 days holiday with the option to purchase an additional 5
- Genuine flexible hybrid working that puts people and well-being first.
Sound like a different sort of Data role where you can thrive and grow? We think so. If you agree please get in touch and we can see where our vision matches your ambition.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
Contract type: Permanent- Full Time
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on email@example.com with ref: BBC/TP/XXX in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.