Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Permanent role usually based in the Innovation Centre, Carrigtwohill. Currently fully work remote
This is an exciting opportunity to create a career in the dynamic field of Neurosurgery data science. You will provide cutting edge solutions that deliver on Stryker’s mission of “Together with our customers we are driven to make healthcare better”. Together with Stryker’s clinical customers and for the benefit of our patients, this role focuses on developing next generation data-driven analysis and clinical decision support tools.
You will drive a data-oriented approach to initially explore and analyze events in the operating room. Ultimately you will create machine-learning based tools to guide and reduce cognitive load on the surgical team, enabling improved patient outcomes and increased efficiencies in the OR. As part of a distributed global team, the ideal candidate will possess the intellectual curiosity and drive to create a vision that achieves the goal of improving outcomes in the operating room.
You will collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization including clinical research, advanced technology, product development and marketing as well as external clinical customers to understand their needs. Your role will involve support them in applying various kinds of advanced analytics methods, such as predictive modeling or machine learning, in order to extract and visualize relevant information for solving problems in medical technologies.
You will work with medical image data, device data, patient outcome data to perform a variety of data mining and data analyses, using a variety of data tools. You will build implementation models and create algorithms, sometimes using simulated data. Furthermore, you will be providing and maintaining requirements for data management infrastructure and assist in projects to gain access to clinical data sets.
What you will need:
- Demonstrated programming proficiency in R, Python, Spark, DataBricks, Azure Cloud or similar
- Demonstrated skills in developing data-driven models and MLOps
- Additional skills in SQL, Data Visualization (Tableau/PowerBI), Reporting (Dashboarding)
- Experience in synthesizing clinical or other data for use in model development
- Experience in developing and implementing UX designs
Design and Development Skills:
- Track record of having developed and implemented machine learning algorithms or projects, particularly using multi-modal healthcare data or similar
- Experience processing of medical imaging DICOM related reporting solutions a nice to have
- Experience in working in an Azure environment and in working with Azure data factory or similar
- Experience with collaborating with external customers to derive and specify software requirements throughout the product design life cycle
Software Design Process Skills:
- Software Development Life Cycle processes such as Agile/Scrum
- Application Lifecycle Management/Traceability tools such as MS VSTS/Atlassian Suite/Jama Connect.
- Experience in estimating code development time/resources required to support project timelines.
- Regulatory and compliance standards applicable for data security and privacy such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Additional technology competency in the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies such as Azure IoT an advantage
What you will do:
- Design, develop, build and deploy artificial-intelligence based data models to improve our understanding of clinical processes in the surgical space
- Create decision support tools for Stryker clinical partners that improve workflow and assist surgical team members
- Build prototypes to support the research and solution development process.
- Collaborate with clinical customers to understand and document focused software and workflow requirements that can be easily communicated to the design team
- Define and refine machine learning problems, including understanding data train and evaluate machine learning models.
- Document and maintain engineering documentation, such as design requirements or system specifications.
- Collaborate with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success in a regulatory compliant manner
- Master the skills to deal with real time, multi-modal, data streams
What you will need:
- MSc in Data Science or Machine Learning or in Software Engineering or related discipline with an emphasis on Data Science or Machine Learning
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.