Job Title: Data Scientist, Panel Science
Location: Chicago, IL
About this Role:
Comscore is a leading big data technology company that measures what matters to make cross-platform audiences and advertising more valuable. We are seeking a Data Scientist, Panel Science to mine our large-scale global consumer panel data sets and provide insights to help inform our methodologies and data insights around the world. The Data Scientist will be responsible for analysis, design, and development of panel-based methodologies to support Digital and Cross-Platform audience measurement products. We utilize SQL, Python, as well as Hadoop, SAS, R, Spark, and many other tools for various projects. We work with Product Management on what problems to tackle and collaborate with Analytics and Core Processing Engineering teams to create solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Design prototype solutions for data processing and methodology
- Drive analytical projects that span across multiple teams and functions
- Build, test new features and concepts and integrate into production process
- Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new methodologies and technologies
- Collaborate with teams in Software Engineering, Operations, and Product Management to deliver timely and quality data
- You will be one of our knowledge experts, with the goal of delivering quality data to our clients
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related analytical discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in data analysis and problem solving with big data working in teams and/or independently
- 1-3 years of experience with SAS, AWS, SQL, Hive, Spark, R or Python
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities and rapid iterations
- Ability to think creatively about solutions to complex problems
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects and respond decisively
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.