At Resolution Life, we're proud to have evolved into a global business under the Resolution Life name. For customers, advisers, companies, and the industry. We're making an impact worldwide
Resolution Life Group is a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of in-force life insurance policies. With assets of $31 billion and 1.5 million customers, Resolution Life are providing existing customers with life insurance, super and investments.
Our platform vision is to be the leading in-force specialist life-insurer in Australasia by 2024, by being customer-obsessed and data-driven.
We are one of the first life insurers globally to operate in an entirely Enterprise Agile environment. The strategic priorities of the platform are focused on ensuring the business is future-fit and sustainable, and to grow through bolt-on acquisition of in-force portfolios. We are guided by core behaviours that inform the way Resolution Life team members show up each day and interact with others.
This role will initially work as the key senior data analyst working in conjunction with separation projects to establish the foundational enterprise data assets. This will involve working closely with key stakeholders to gather requirements, identify and analyse data from multiple sources to design and support the building of data solutions that ensure accurate data is made available to our customers.
Working with Data Architecture, Engineering, Solution Designers, and leadership team to satisfy data translation needs in support of all data and analytics needs. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Acquiring data from different sources (Flat File/Snowflake/SQL Server/MS Access/Cloud)
- Interpret data, analyse results using various techniques to provide key insights, data transformation logic and perform assessment of data quality.
- Develop strategies that help improve data quality and business operating efficiency
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with management to prioritise business and information needs, helping the project to prioritise delivery activity
- Conduct business workshops using existing insurance experience to journey map business processes, identify improvement opportunities using data and insights.
- Champion data literacy improvement by promoting new ways of engagement.
- Challenge business on legacy processes and influence solution delivery pathway by taking a lead in the planning and design phase.
- Work closely with reporting analysts, Data Engineers, Business Leaders, and end-users to deliver data driven solutions that add value to our customers, stakeholders, and our team
- Data Partners play an important role throughout the entire lifecycle of a data driven analytics project. They must be able to guide technical teams to deliver a solution that meets the business goal while being able to explain complex insights, solutions & risks to non-technical stakeholders in a way to instil confidence and drives adoption.
- Some of the key tasks include Requirements gathering, ideation, data gathering, data analysis, visualisation of results, measurement of success, driving end-user adoption and assisting in integration of solutions.
- Utilise agile principles in all phases of a solution delivery.
- Experience in Life insurance or financial services
- Basic expertise in Reporting & visualisation tools such as Power BI
- Technical expertise regarding data models, design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Advanced SQL and database experience
- Basic knowledge of Snowflake, MS Azure, and other cloud platforms
- An interest in Advanced Analytics and AI
At Resolution Life, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analysing data and problem-solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
What Will We Do For You:
Our culture underpins our values and guides our decision making. It's also what makes Resolution Life a great place to work.
Resolution Life Australasia supports virtual working, and our enduring primary place of work continues to be virtual with the physical office and home office used interchangeably. We recognise that our workers can contribute and connect equally regardless of where they are located, and we have seen and experienced the wellbeing and benefits that come from working at home. This means some of us work at home most of the time, in the office most of the time or a balanced mix.
Every day is an opportunity to grow - and we hope to offer our people a career, not just a job.
The learning and development opportunities we offer include supporting the completion of executive-level short courses, access to leading online learning tools, on the job training, and mentoring by highly experienced business leaders.
Before commencing employment in this role you will need to provide two references, full working rights and complete police and credit checks through an online provider.
As an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to working in a diverse and inclusive workforce you will be provided with any support or accessibility requirements throughout your interview process. Please feel free to contact our Talent Team directly at .