About The Team
The Global Intelligence team analyzes external and internal data to understand the strategy and performance of Uber and its competitors. Uber operates in a diverse array of markets and product categories with a competitive landscape that is constantly evolving; assessing the success or failure of a product or strategy depends on understanding this context. Doing this, and doing it well, is an exciting and complicated problem, and our team uses its data analysis, statistical modeling, economics, and business expertise in this domain to build scalable data products.About The Role
We are hiring for Data Scientists that are passionate about solving new and difficult problems with data. You will build out and own competitive metrics, provide key insights, and conduct deep-dive analysis to understand new opportunities and empower teams to make more informed business and strategy decisions with competitive intelligence.
As An Data Scientist On The Team, We Seek To Tap Into Your Expertise In Various Ways, Including But Not Limited To
- Using data to understand competitors' performance and to identify improvement opportunities.
- Communicating your findings to senior management to help guide decision making.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across subject areas such as product, engineering, and operations to drive competitor intelligence development.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields.
- 3+ years experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent
- Experience using Python or R to work with large data sets at scale
- Experience using SQL in a production environment
- Experience in experimental design and analysis, exploratory data analysis, and statistical analysis
- Experience with dashboarding and using data visualization tools
- Experience using statistical methodologies such as sampling, statistic estimates, descriptive statistics, or similar
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or other quantitative fields.
- 5+ years experience as a Data Scientist or equivalent
- Experience using classical ML models (decision trees, regression models, etc) in a professional setting
- Experience in competitive intelligence.
- Experience with causal inference
- Experience in algorithm development and prototyping.
- Sophisticated knowledge of statistical methods and causal inference.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional team members to complete projects and achieve successful outcomes.