Eventbrite has the world’s largest data repository of live events, powering millions of events and hundreds of millions of ticket transactions each year in 170+ countries. Our Data Org helps wrangle data to drive business growth for our event creators, attendees, and the Eventbrite leadership. As we position Eventbrite for success over the next few years, we are revamping our data infrastructure to better serve customer, business and product needs. We are looking for an experienced individual contributor who can help us design and implement data products and solutions end to end, serving as the connective tissue between our talented data engineers, product developers, analysts and data scientists.
Our Data Org manages critical infrastructure, collaborating with cross functional stakeholders to make data the lifeblood of our business and customers. Our product spans the web, mobile, physical point of sale, and scanning systems, and generates structured and unstructured data that forms a treasure trove of insights. We conquer significant problems by putting our heads together, learning, supporting and mentoring each other to reach greater heights as a team.
- Partner, coach, and roll up your sleeves to be a thought leader and force multiplier for all things data.
- Collaborate with developers/engineers to enable and drive consistent product instrumentation, governance, and delivery of data-powered features end-to-end.
- Contribute to design and implementation of next-gen data infrastructure and the broader tech stack
- Develop processes and automation for improving data quality
- Partner with security and compliance teams to protect our systems and data
- Serve as an intermediary between data scientists and developers, establishing a framework and ownership model for product-facing data needs.
THE SKILL SET
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- 10+ years of experience in Software/Data engineering and Data Science/Analytics.
- Track record aligning technical and non-technical stakeholders such as product managers, data scientists, engineers, financial analysts, IT and legal.
- Built and/or managed large scale complex distributed systems, ideally handling batch, streaming, and transaction processing workloads.
- Experience implementing 3rd party instrumentation tools via front end libraries is preferred. Experience with implementing a data governance program and developing technical best practices is a plus.
- Experience with Amazon cloud technologies including Aurora, RedShift, S3, Elastic MapReduce, Sagemaker and Kinesis, data processing systems such as Spark/SQL/Hive etc., and Python/Django-based microservices is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it's an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Sign up to keep in touch and we’ll let you know when we have new positions on our team.
Eventbrite is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.