Senior Business / Data Analyst – Temporary Full-Time position in Vancouver (Hybrid Model):
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Network Analyst with our client for a 1-year temporary full-time opportunity.
Peoplesoft Decommissioning: migrating and consolidating the Peoplesoft legacy data into UDaP (University Data Platform) with new ongoing data pipelines from Workday within the Finance and HR domains. Implement data deliveries (reports) from UDaP to replace existing Peoplesoft data provisions to various client stakeholders.
The Senior Business Analyst, Data & Reporting analyzes business needs and develops overall strategies for how automated systems can be used to support the short and long-term direction of the business. The incumbent will provide expertise and leadership in the areas of requirements definition, business process definition, business process analysis, and design, functional design, configuration, implementation, testing, training, facilitation, and documentation to deliver enterprise solutions to the client’s community. The position may manage the entire lifecycle of sub-projects which include developing a project plan, coordinating the activities of a project team, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of the project. This role will also manage staff directly, including performance appraisals and mentorship of junior team members.
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to identify business priorities and recommend options.
- Conducts workflow and gap analysis for operational support processes.
- Performs data analysis and supports data modeling as required.
- Provides direction and best practices for functional team business analysts supporting the technical teams for data conversion, reporting, and integrations
- Supports the project following appropriate project management methodology, including gathering and defining project requirements, developing project plans, schedules, identifying staffing requirements, and forming a project team
- Supervises the development of test cases and validates test results during user acceptance testing and system acceptance testing, operational acceptance testing.
- Engage business stakeholders, clarifying and document business requirements and translating them into technical requirements
- Engage tec Supports team members in, as well as leads and performs, analysis of the assessment of business needs utilizing a structured requirements process to identify business priorities and recommend options.
- 9+ years of business/data analysis experiences with previous Data Warehouse and or Data Migration projects that can provide technical leadership on the following areas:
- Data profiling
- Data mapping for data migration and data flows
- Report definition and delivery
Nice to Have:
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of applications and the business requirements supporting them is an asset
Only candidates applying via the link below will be shortlisted.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency, and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible workforce option.
Ignite. Wired for people.
Follow Ignite on Twitter @ignitetechnical and become a fan on Facebook for up-to-date information about our company including job postings!