Phastar brings data to life! We are an award-winning specialist biometrics contract research organization (CRO) that works with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies to provide statistical consulting, analysis and reporting, data management, and data science services. Our unique approach to data analysis, “The PHASTAR Discipline”, has gained us a reputation for outstanding quality. With this as our core focus, we’re looking for a talented individual who shares our passion for quality and technical expertise to join our team…could this be you?!
Phastar is a company that cares. We strive to be the premier biometrics provider to work with, and to work for, and we take our responsibility to do our part for the environment and our community seriously. Our pro bono scheme provides charities access to our biometrics experts at no cost; we source sustainable products to reduce our carbon footprint and, when you join our team, we will plant a tree in your honour as part of our rewilding project. Learn more about our ESG initiatives at phastar.com/cares.
Caring for YOU
YOUR career, YOUR work/life balance, YOUR PHASTAR experience.
• Total flexibility – working hours that work for YOU.
• Remote, office or hybrid – a working arrangement that works for YOU.
• Culture of learning – continuously develop YOUR knowledge and share YOUR expertise with others.
• Career Path - tailored to YOUR strengths and aspirations.
• Regular well-being checks – to ensure you get the support you need.
• Fun, friendly working environment – experience PHASTAR’s famous social events throughout the year.
As a real-world evidence (RWE) data scientist, you will use innovative approaches to accelerate the delivery of real-world insights and evidence for key stakeholders. You will collaborate with colleagues in Epidemiology, Statistics and Payer, giving scientific and technical guidance on study design, real-world data selection and best practice in real-world data utilization.
Utilizing your experience of delivering value through the leverage of routinely collected data from healthcare settings, you will provide health analytics and insights in a range of contexts including public health, pharmaceutical research and development and commercial/payer.
In addition, you will assist in developing real-world science data strategy through due diligence on new data providers/vendors and informatics support for data acquisitions in a range of therapeutic areas.
- PhD or MSc in data science or other advanced degree in life sciences
- Experience in real-world evidence (RWE)
- Familiarity with health economics/epidemiology, and quantitative science such as health outcome modelling
- Experience in advanced visualisation and visual analytics of routinely collected healthcare data
- Expertise in methods development and application using statistical languages such as R/Matlab/SAS/SQL/Hadoop/Python
- Experience working within a clinical trials environment (CRO, pharma, or academia)
- Expertise in EMR/Health IT, disease registries, and insurance claims databasesms databases
The role can be based from any of our offices in the UK or from home in the UK, France, Germany or Spain.
Keen to be considered for the role? APPLY NOW to submit your application. Please note, we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role.
Phastar is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion, or belief. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
Phastar does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Phastar's Head of Talent Acquisition to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Phastar. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Phastar. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Phastar. Phastar shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.