Role: Lead Data Engineer
Senior Data Engineers perform development activities within the data engineering team and provide mentorship, guidance, onboarding, and training of other Data Engineers. You will work closely with product management, engineering, account management, ETL, data warehouse, business intelligence, and reporting teams as you develop data pipelines and enhancements investigate and troubleshoot issues, create data models, set up and investigate new technologies, and research complex data. You have a deep understanding of data modelling, structures, and data pipelines.Roles And Responsibilities
- Building data pipelines using SQL, Kafka, and other technologies.
- Triage complex incoming bugs and incidents and resolve them.
- Perform technical operation tasks.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues with data and data pipelines.
- Participation in sprint refinement, planning, and kick-off to help estimate stories, raise awareness, and additional implementation details.
- Help monitor, maintain, and improve the performance of the data pipeline.
- Performing, maintaining, and implementing new quality assurance rules, methods, and tools to maintain consistent and accurate data.
- Deep understanding of modern relational and non-relational models and the differences between them.
- Knowledge of Agile environments, including Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Expertise in the use of REST API and JSON and the ability to parse that data and convert it into relational models.
- Detail-oriented and able to examine data and code for quality and accuracy.
- Able to lead and mentor more junior data engineers.
- Self-starter – taking initiative when inefficiencies or opportunities are seen.
- Expert in writing complex SQL, including pivots, window functions, and complex date calculations.
- Fluent in Python programming language.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and several analytical tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, etc…
- ETL experience preferred.
- Snowflake experience strongly preferred.
- Git experience preferred.
- Work Autonomously
- Collaborates with team members.
- Self-motivated and Drive results.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Preference is given to AWS Certified Developer - Associate certification OR Snowflake SnowPro.