Morgan Stanley - Institutional Securities Technology (IST)
Technology works as a strategic partner with our business to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex and dynamic financial markets. We have many award-winning technology platforms that help to propel our firm's businesses to be the top in the market.
Institutional Securities Technology division of Technology develops enterprise systems for Morgan Stanley's Institutional Securities Group business spanning investment banking/capital markets, research, Institutional trading across all markets and all asset classes including complex derivatives, prime brokerage, fund services and other funding/finance businesses.
IST - PWM Asia Tech
Morgan Stanley's Private Wealth Management Asia Technology (PWM Asia Tech) is responsible for providing front to back technology services to businesses that manage the Firm's high-net-worth clients in Asia and Australia, managing the technology platform that covers customer on-boarding, order management, on-going client service and reporting.
We are in the midst of a multi-year buildout of a world-class technology platform to enable significant business growth over the next few years and need someone in Hong Kong who can act as a BA/SM for the squad to support the squad to deliver.
This is a Senior Developer position for Data Warehouse team based out of Morgan Stanley HK office. The candidate will be part of the Data Warehouse team which manages a large data warehouse & Analytics/Reporting platform for PWM Asia business. The data warehouse has numerous upstream systems to talk to and produces critical revenue reports for PWM Sales as well as regulatory reports for HKMA/MAS/Firm Compliance and Audit departments.
DB2 is used for storage and java services have been written to pull the data as well as share it with different consumers. Uses Dataiku for analytics functionality. The person would be required to interface with multiple business as well as IT stake holders to understand requirements, design solutions and implement. The job would give opportunity to talk to PWM Sales, Compliance & Operations team.
The person is required to
- Have a good understanding of Data in general
- Should have experience in data modelling & domain-based architecture
- Engage with business stakeholders for requirements understanding, scoping and conceptualizing solutions to automate business processes
- Responsible for end to end implementation of solutions, including hands on development work
- Collaborate with other IT team on system level integrations
Must Haves to be successful
- Strong technologist with passion for high quality engineering and problem solving
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-Technical team members and customers
- Is able to effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming / consensus building skills, and interact with business users and Product Owner
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills and is able to simply/explain technology decisions/approaches to non-technical team members
- Can be called on to take a lead role to areas of expertise and support PO in networking/connecting across Morgan Stanley globally as needed
- Experience in supporting integrating new systems, programs, and applications with business operations and services
- Is keen to grow, learn and develop their technical skillset
- Troubleshooting/ debugging skills for client-facing applications
- Agile development principle, methodologies and devops adoption of CI/CD/CM
- Self-Starter mindset with strong leadership skills and team-oriented goals
- Quick learner and ability to understand and follow functional processing of the system
- Practical experience of Agile development and acting as a Scrum Master
- Shares similar mentality as existing team members toward customer satisfaction and success
- Experience in technical business analysis & coding on trading/order management systems
- Database: DB2 or any SQL based database with experience in writing complex SQL queries and stored procedures with performance optimization
- Candidate should have experience in Data warehousing/Data Analytics/ETL platforms with a good knowledge of database modelling & designing. Should understand data warehousing concepts very well
- Linux: Must be comfortable working in Linux environment
- Devos: Should be well versed with Devops practices.Strong written and oral communication skills. Should be comfortable talking to users
- Experience Range - 6-8 years of relevant experience
- High performance and Transactions bound processing experience
- Enterprise scale systems - design patterns
- Experience in Client Data Management
- Database knowledge and experience in writing queries and stored procedures
- Open API/Microservice experience
- PSM I (Scrum Master experience)
- Knowledge of Shell/Python Scripts